Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2002 3:37:16 AM EDT

Why is it that I can buy a complete kit from the kit makers for $400-$450 range complete with everything yet prices for just uppers with no B,C,CH, grip, stock,lower parts, are in the $300 -$400 range?
Am I missing something? All I need is a complete upper, no Stock grips or lower parts yet all that can be saved is $50? I am sure there are supply and demand factors but I just do not get it.
At the same time why is it that kit makers charge the same price for flat top uppers in kits yet they charge $20-$30 less as stripped items? How much does the rear sight cost?
I know this is a rant, it all just doesn't add up.
The used parts area is even more confusing,it costs more for a stripped upper with a few hundred rounds thru it than a full kit with same manufacturers parts???
Barrier2
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:30:38 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:14:57 AM EDT
Well, here's my 2 cents . . .

Rear sight (A2) cost about $50 if you buy it without the upper. Since you are spending about $50 more for the complete kit, get the complete kit ! ! Believe me, if you "play" with this series of rifle for very long, those "few extra parts" will come in handy ! ! (ever need a ? ? ? late Saturday night when changing a ? ? before the Big Shoot on Sunday ! ! ) If not for you, maybe for one of your shooting buddies.
Top Top