Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2002 7:59:45 PM EDT
! ! ! ! . . . NOT  . . . ! ! ! !

Got your attentention though, didn't it?

Some of ya'll that've been around here for a bit might remember the OSI jig "Group Buy" deal that first surfaced on the BIY forum of ar15.com in November of last year. For those that weren't around back then, or for those that might have been around back then but who, like many of us old timers, suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t), the basic premise of the "OSI Jig Group Buy" deal was;

"Why don't ten of us chip in $25 apiece and buy one of the OSI jig units and pass it around amongst ourselves to complete some of these 80% complete cast lowers?"

Sounded like a damned good idea at the time! Within 72 hours of the initial posting on the BIY forum, the "deal" was done. Ten guys (all "strangers" to one another at the time)  had "signed-on", and the "Builders Squad AR15 Project" was under way. In the ensuing months, lots of folks have expressed an interest in the final outcome of the "deal". Well, here it is. The truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth. At least as far as I understand it to be.

The Builders Squad AR15 Project

An entire web site devoted to the "Builders Squad AR15 Project", complete with detailed instructions on use of the OSI "Super" jig in the completion of a Tannery Shop 80% casting. (There's also a lot of good info on the site that might prove useful for anyone attempting to complete an 80% casting but who is not using the OSI jig.)

Enjoy . . . . . . . Doug . . . . . . .
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Site! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This is something ive been lookin for! it SHOULD be on TanneryShop's page.
great job
Gaspain
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]

GREAT INFO

I WILL POST A LINK ON MY WEB PAGE

WILLIAM
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
can you make an AR pistol...legally? I do believe the law is you can make 'firearm'...I assume that includes pistols.

Gaspain
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]

YES YOU CAN MAKE A PISTOL IT MUST BE UNDER 50 OZ LIMIT

AND FOLLOW THE REGULATIONS FOR A SEMI AUTO PISTOL REQUIREMENTS
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah ha! Thank you William!

I also found the direct link at the BATF

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a7

Thanks,

Gaspain
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Doug...and to think, the jig has only made it once around the horn! Double plus good El Duque...Bud

Because we can
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool, Doug, when you let me check out the site in prerelease form I read through the whole thing in one sitting. I'm glad to see you got it finished, it is very informative.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Doug,

You are the man!!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Doug;
Great site! I spent last night reading it. I went to KT BBQ a few months ago, and got the hard stuff done but still have some more holes to drill once I finish my Sig P228. You gave me some solutions to problems I forsee. Also, thanks for verifing my research (along with recommendations from Bybon) into Norrell Moly Resin. I placed my order last week for Semi-Gloss and Stainless for the SIG. I figured the Semi-Gloss Black would also be perfect for the AR15 lowers too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
dropdbombnow...here's the jpeg of our first completed lower. It has a Hesse A3 composite upper on it...bet Troy iz gonna want one of those too, eh...hardeeharharhar, not. I tossed another jpeg in there for badassjon. I figure he'll really dig the squirrel cookie jar...Bud First Squad Rifle PIC 1
PIC 2 Full view with a squirrelAnother swell PIC by Bud...geesh those suk. A Hesse A3 composite, 24" DPMS Full Flute 1/9 SS Bull w/scope on the same Builders Squad lower.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone want to sell me a 99% finished lower and I can do the rest?
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top