Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2002 11:11:26 PM EDT
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp

Can't link to the PR block's page....grrr

The Bushmaster block can be used with a flattop carry handle installed, but it doesn't look like it comes with the insert portion of the block like the Peace River unit does.

Only $5.00 difference in the price ($43.75 for PR from Brownells - $38.95 for the BM), so price isn't a factor.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience is soley with the Peace River block, but I really liked it.  I bought it to use in my armory, and it was far superior to anything the gov't supplied at the time. My question about the Bushmaster piece is "Why would you need to have the carry handle attached when you change the barrel?".  The insert does a good job of controlling receiver flex, so I would say that it is a must.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I just bought a receiver block from midwayusa.com and it is a peaceriver/DPMS (as marked on the bag. It worked perfect for using when I removed my barrel from an older preban upper. It came with the insert and cost abour $32.00. I think it was $37.00 shipped and was here in two days (from them to GA)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
E-mail Bushmaster.  I bet you'll find out the block they sell is a Peace River.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought so too, Seth. It probably comes with the receiver insert too, even if it's not shown. It has to... that's part of the action block system. The Peace River is much cheaper from Brownell's if you get the industry discount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The newer Bushmaster block does not come with the insert. I just bought mine last month, it is two pieces of Delrin joined together with a Stanley hardware hinge. I was a little disappointed with it, even when fully clamped in a vice the upper moves a little in the blocks. I think the Peace River is probably a better design, but I don't have any first hand experience with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the price tip, Kletzenklueffer.

Seth_Livzz - BM used to sell the PR unit - they no longer do.

Thanks for the heads-up, stratsandaks.

Thanks to all for their input.

This site is great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Peace River is much cheaper from Brownell's if you get the industry discount.

How is that done, BB?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Register on the website with the name of your business.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top