Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2002 2:14:53 PM EDT
Anyone know of a source for a free floating handguard (6" + or -) that would be green or gray in color?  I've found butt stocks, pistol grips, and M4 handguards of different colors but no free floating handguards except in black.  I've got a Colt 6731 that I would like to outfit with green or gray furniture with a free floating handguard.  Thanks ahead of time for any information.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I can think of right now would be to coat the handguard with something like "Alumahyde," which is available from www.brownells.com. There are probably other brands around, but off the top of my head, this is all I can think of.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Armalite makes a green ar 10 t carbine tube do they make a ar15 t carbine? If so that would be best way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  I think I'll check with Armalite as I don't trust myself to finish my AR.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen some Hogue stuff in green.

Let me know if you find it.  I want a green Hogue pistol grip for my Armalite.  

FYI,  The Armalite pistol grip is more comfortable then the Orig Colt's outta the box.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Rock River Arms has the Green Hogue pistol grips. They are not listed on the website but give them a call. I bought 1 last month. I haven't seen a green ff tube though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top