User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I took advantage of the Modlite sale and ended up buying a plhv2 + surefire DS00 tail + ModButton lite +arisaka in-line mount.

I maybe should have gotten a different mount but that’s easy to change if needed.

Almost went with the REIN but I think money aside the Modlite seems like the best light on the market and the most easily reconfigurable/upgrade able.

I was super close to do the OKW lense but I think the extra spill of the plhv2 will be a good fit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure if your question was got OP (me). It will be mounted to a BCM mlok MCMR handguard. Was thinking mount the tape switch to the picatinny on the top and get an offset arisaka mount for the light to mount to the mlok.

I wonder if streamlight + arisaka tail adapter + Modlite or surefire tape switch would be reliable and work well. I like the modlites but I admit $450+ for the whole kit is a little hard to swallow for a flashlight.
View Quote

Here's what you do
get a Stream light HXL, comes with a decent tape switch
get an Arasaka MLOK rail mount
get a LCS for the tape switch.
whole shebang should run ya about $250

An excellent light, that you can run both a CR123 or a the 18650 batteries.

It does not have to be that hard

here is mine on a BCM Mlok rail
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally run the M600U 1000 lu light. It has some throw and good spill for HD and outdoor purposes.  There are better lights to reach out, but in those applications I'm running NODS or thermals where I don't need a 400y light throw.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have run the streamlight TLR1 a lot on long and handguns, no issues.  There are better choices tho, like the TLR RM.  Just ordered one.
View Quote

Same for me, they are compact and effective. No wires or tape switches to fool with, both of which I dislike. Same controls on both long and handguns so I don't have to remember something different. The tail switch is easy to activate with either my forefinger or thumb.

They aren't as tacticool as what most seem to use but that doesn't matter to me at all if something works. I'm no operator by any stretch of the imagination so my advice is worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few of the Streamlight 88058 ProTac. It puts out 350 lumens and it uses 1 CR123A, one AA Li-iON, or one AA alkaline battery. It has a tape switch so I can mount in on the right hand side of the barrel instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VTLLDH4?pf_rd_r=X727R9DE2JJ33Y1WT4NK&pf_rd_p=9d9090dd-8b99-4ac3-b4a9-90a1db2ef53b
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top