Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Warrior-X Pro, 21700 Cell, still a 1.03" body for mounts. 2250 Lumen / 90,000 Candela. Dropped 3 meters, 1,200 times according to the ad copy.

$97 In 3 days.

Warrior-X Pro
View Quote
Oh me like.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
New Warrior-X Pro, 21700 Cell, still a 1.03" body for mounts. 2250 Lumen / 90,000 Candela. Dropped 3 meters, 1,200 times according to the ad copy.

$97 In 3 days.

Warrior-X Pro
View Quote
Quick overview:

Olight Warrior Pro X & i5T EDC Flashlight Sale ??

The link in video description will be live at midnight FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quick overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjne2UOCX3A

The link in video description will be live at midnight FWIW.
View Quote
I didn't even know you had a "B" channel until this, LOL!

BTW, MadMax tested the WP-X Pro, and got 2,200 Lumens, and....wait for it... almost 107,000 Candela. LOL!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My buddy is building his first and I realized most people aren't like us. I knew he wasn't going for a SF so I suggested a stream light and he was blown away at the $100 price for a light. He showed me some set up with a scope, laser, light, and red dot all in one for like $120 and told me he was likely going with that.

Lol
View Quote
The vast majority of people buy an AR and put less than a hundred rounds through it per year, if that.  For those people, they’ll probably never notice the enormous downsides to crap accessories.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Recently bought two of these  to put on extra rifles, they are pretty bright.

s & w branded light
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got a few friends who have set up pretty decent rifles for HD, but don't yet have weaponlights on them. I've stressed to them the importance of a weapon-mounted light, but they're all currently a little short on cash. Are there any OK options for a rifle-mounted light that are low cost, just to get them started? I generally subscribe to the buy-once-cry-once mantra, but these guys just aren't there yet.
View Quote
Surefire G2X Tactical for $60:
https://www.amazon.com/Surefire-Tactical-Single-Output-Flashlight-Lightjunction/dp/B07BH2X1JT

Then just have them mount it to the rail with a set of ranger bands. The body of the light rests in the crevace between the 12 oclock pic rail, with the the head of the light sticking out past the handguard. 3 Ranger Bands will keep the light snugged up hard into that crevace, with minimal shift.

That's my go-to temporary weapon light mount.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]
If he is looking for budget, I have a $15 green led Ultrafire in an elzetta mount for 5-6 years now and it still works fine.  From what I understand the tape switch never works on cheap flashlights but I use the rear button.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I use several Solarforce l2p’s with custom potted p60 modules, they are very nice, and compatible with about anything that works with a Surefire 6p.
The l2p host costs around $30, then pick whatever p60 module you want, which brings a bit of customization to the table.
I have had Solarforce modules fail, but It was not potted. None of my weapon lights ( one Custom lites (Nailbender) fully potted module, and two Thrunight modules I potted myself) have ever failed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple of Streamlight TLR-1 HL's.

For those with the Protac's, is there a way to turn the light on and off at the light, while the pressure switch is attached?

I went with the TLR's because you can use both the pressure pad a switch on a light at the same time depending on where your hands are at. Plus, if the pad stops working, I can still use my light.

Just curious if that was possible with other lights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a couple of Streamlight TLR-1 HL's.

For those with the Protac's, is there a way to turn the light on and off at the light, while the pressure switch is attached?

I went with the TLR's because you can use both the pressure pad a switch on a light at the same time depending on where your hands are at. Plus, if the pad stops working, I can still use my light.

Just curious if that was possible with other lights.
View Quote
No.  Remove the tailcap switch to attach the remote switch.  I mounted my pressure pad on top to allow access with either hand.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have had a Streamlight Polytac mounted in an Odin Works mount that I've been happy with, except the light inexplicably stopped working and I had to send it in for warranty work. They fixed it quickly and got it back in my hands. Strangely enough my Streamlight ProTac carry light stopped working at the same time, which was also fixed. Kind of gives me a not great impression of Streamlight. I did just order an Inforce WML Gen 2 which should be delivered today. Believe it or not the cheapest place I could find it was directly from their website. $96 shipped, along with a free Inforce rifle mat.
View Quote
This is a good point on Streamlight stuff.  Also, local to my area is Batteries Plus, who is a streamlight vendor.  Can drop stuff off with them and they'll fix it there, so you can avoid having to ship and wait.  I would think there are other streamlight vendors and service centers around as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Streamlight Polytac in a Weaver ring or VTAC offset light mount. I doubt you can get any cheaper without sacrificing quality.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top