49 rounds today function 100%
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
12rds today. Still 100% GTG..beginning to dig it over Modlite
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Same issue with the dimming to 50% rough estimate.   I found that if I run my finger up and down the pressure switch while its pressed it will kick it down to 50%,  I contacted surefire they sent me new pad, it seems to have fixed the issue somewhat messing with I was able to get it to drop down from 100% but it is better than the first switch,

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
81 rounds today. Many with light momentary or constant. Function 100%

Moved pressure pad rearward a bit in order to prevent accidental light deployment with thumb using C

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
61 rounds. Intermittent use of light.

Function 100% GTG
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
70rds with intermittent light use. 600DF performed 100%

Swapped from Haley SBR to Arisaka Mount
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
70rds with intermittent light use. 600DF performed 100%

Swapped from Haley SBR to Arisaka Mount
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202730/5CC07977-196F-4AF6-85DE-4818ED9F7319_jpe-1594594.JPG
View Quote

thank you for the continued updates and pictures!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My M600DF is on its way back to Surefire.  I put a new 18650 battery in and the light came on without being activated.  The rep on the phone said it is a flaw in the outer wrapping and I'm being sent a one time courtesy battery.  While on the phone I told him about the dimming issues and he said it is a problem with the head.  I told him it only does it with the remote switch and he stated it is still a head issue.  It shipped out yesterday.  I'm guessing I'll see it in a month give or take.  I'll try to remember to update when I get it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
25 rounds (heavy rain) intermittent use of light with some constant on. 600DF functioned 100%
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I’ll try to push the pin tonight to see if it helps. Unscrewing the head and re installing it seems to help out for a week or so and then it’s back to the flash and lower light output.

Such a disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess I’ll try to push the pin tonight to see if it helps. Unscrewing the head and re installing it seems to help out for a week or so and then it’s back to the flash and lower light output.

Such a disappointment.
View Quote

I pulled / stretched the spring a bit.

I’ve got a new black one that I’ve functioned tested with clicky tail cap and it’s been GTG as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:50:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Just purchased a brand new M600DF (red batterie) and with either a SR07 or a EU07 I have the exact same issue as described. With the original switch provided it works fine but with any remote switch ... No ...

Anyone finally found an answer ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just purchased a brand new M600DF (red batterie) and with either a SR07 or a EU07 I have the exact same issue as described. With the original switch provided it works fine but with any remote switch ... No ...

View Quote

Mine is on its way back from Surefire after repair.  We'll see how it works as I use the SR07.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

How can it be a light problem when it is perfectly working with the original switch ?!
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How can it be a light problem when it is perfectly working with the original switch ?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing you meant to quote me?  I said the same thing to the guy I talked to on the phone at SF.  He said it was a problem in the head.  I've been trying to get a modbutton to compare but they are eternally sold out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm guessing you meant to quote me?  I said the same thing to the guy I talked to on the phone at SF.  He said it was a problem in the head.  I've been trying to get a modbutton to compare but they are eternally sold out.
View Quote

Yes, missed the right quote ;)

If it helps, I asked the question about this issue to a big and very known reseller selling of course the 600DF but also other lights. Here is the answer my contact there gave me this afternoon :

"We are aware of the issue. The issue is mainly with the Surefire M600DF when utilizing the 18650 battery. The Modlite also dims with pressure pad use, but it's not enough to notice though, unlike the M600DF."
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the same problem.

I have 2 M600DFs and 1 M640DF.

All three have new red 18650 Surefire batteries. All batteries get charged to a max of 4.20v.

With the M68 clicky tailcap installed, all 3 lights are super bright and super white.

With the UE07 SWITCH ASSEMBLY installed, the light is noticeably dimmer and yellow.

I emailed Surefire pretty much word for word what I posted here. We'll see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I emailed Surefire pretty much word for word what I posted here. We'll see what they say.
View Quote

Received no answer from Surefire on my side in one week. Weird client service :o
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Just had to send mine in.  Was using a Unity Tactical duel switch and the thing just wasn’t bright.  Tail cap back on, bright as hell.  Switched to Surefire pressure pad, brand new....light started pulsating and turned on and off on its own.   The CS rep I talked to immediately issued an RMA and said the head has to be screwed up.  UPS is supposed to be sending an email soon for the return,
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If it helps, I asked the question about this issue to a big and very known reseller selling of course the 600DF but also other lights. Here is the answer my contact there gave me this afternoon :

"We are aware of the issue. The issue is mainly with the Surefire M600DF when utilizing the 18650 battery. The Modlite also dims with pressure pad use, but it's not enough to notice though, unlike the M600DF."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 600DF is back from SF.  I received an email saying my light was repaired and on its way back but when I got it today it is not the one I sent in but a new light.  Brand new in box.  So far it is working as it should with no dimming or flickering.  Hopefully I'll be able to get out and shoot soon to see how it does with a little recoil.  If it continues to work as it should I will be very happy as I really like this light.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the same problem.

I have 2 M600DFs and 1 M640DF.

All three have new red 18650 Surefire batteries. All batteries get charged to a max of 4.20v.

With the M68 clicky tailcap installed, all 3 lights are super bright and super white.

With the UE07 SWITCH ASSEMBLY installed, the light is noticeably dimmer and yellow.

View Quote

I got an email from SureFire customer service this AM. They said there were sending me new switches and tailcaps. Kudos to them for just sending me replacements without even asking for a return/RMA or even verifying that I actually owned 3 of their lights. I'll says this about SureFire, this kind of faith is impressive.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Hope they have a special service to send back the 600DF or it will cost me the price of a new one :D (living in Europe)

Hi xxx,

Someone from our international department will be in touch with you regarding getting that light back to us for repair/replacement, customs information and process.
Otherwise, it will have to go back to the dealer it was purchased from.
RMA:  xxx

Please make sure you include your RMA number in our address as follows.

SUREFIRE LLC (RMA # xxx)
17680 NEWHOPE STREET SUITE B
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA 92708

Current turnaround time: 4 weeks

Thank you,

Gregory Reeves
Technical Support Manager
SUREFIRE, LLC
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#25]
My 600DF should arrive at SF today. We’ll see what they say. I had both the dimming with a tape switch and “turning on by itself” issues. The latter is what has me confused. Brand new SF battery, fully charged and they were saying it was bad. Nothing on the case would indicate any damage at all.

Their reply email was basically word for word what was posted above.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine runs a lot brighter with C123s
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Mine should be arriving back from SF warranty tomorrow, will update here! Was getting the dimming/auto turn on when dropping the bolt on my AR.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My 600DF should arrive at SF today. We’ll see what they say. I had both the dimming with a tape switch and “turning on by itself” issues. The latter is what has me confused. Brand new SF battery, fully charged and they were saying it was bad. Nothing on the case would indicate any damage at all.

Their reply email was basically word for word what was posted above.
View Quote

With the regular switch it is obviously MUCH brighter with the battery than with CR123 (1500 lumens vs 1200), but yes, as soon as you use a remote switch you have the "M600DF default" and the dimmed battery light gets a lot less bright than the CR123 one that works as intended.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got my light back from warranty. The light still dims when I drop my AR bolt...along with this the light automatically turns on if I thread the head on all the way and the clicky tailcap wont turn the light off.

So...i dont even know. I emailed to let them know, I'll see what they say. Otherwise I'm asking for a refund and moving on to modlite or arisaka.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got the new modbutton lite for my 600DF. The clicky tailcap has worked fine since I have had the light with both cr123s and the supplied 18650. I put the new ue socket and new modbutton lite pad on last night and the light has about half the output like you guys are saying. I tried stretching the spring and everything you guys have mentioned her and it doesn't help. The real kicker is that with cr123s the light is basically useless. It puts out maybe 15 lumens.

I have a message into surefire so we will see what they say. I have a hard time thinking it is a defective modbutton
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Too bad I didn’t see this earlier.

Same problem with my 600DF. If you want to fix the dimming issue right now without sending it into SF. One little dab of dielectric grease right on the tip of the male tape switch plug.

It might not work for all, but it’s cured 4 surefire M600DF scout lights when the UE tail cap and 07 tape switch/pressure pad cause the light to dim significantly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just got the new modbutton lite for my 600DF. The clicky tailcap has worked fine since I have had the light with both cr123s and the supplied 18650. I put the new ue socket and new modbutton lite pad on last night and the light has about half the output like you guys are saying. I tried stretching the spring and everything you guys have mentioned her and it doesn't help. The real kicker is that with cr123s the light is basically useless. It puts out maybe 15 lumens.

I have a message into surefire so we will see what they say. I have a hard time thinking it is a defective modbutton
View Quote

Welp....that does it lol I ordered a modbutton lite too hoping to avoid the sr07 issue. Looks like I'm going with modlite lights too
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Tonight I was messing with it again. Now the issue is gone. Was just messing with the different batteries/tailcap configurations and I stretched the spring a little on the ue tailcap. The issue is gone now so that might have fixed it. We will see if the issue comes back but for now it is fine. Just weird how finnicky they are.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#34]
It's really strange we don't have any official communication on this by Surefire in regards to the number of occurrences of this problem experienced everywhere in the world
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's really strange we don't have any official communication on this by Surefire in regards to the number of occurrences of this problem experienced everywhere in the world
View Quote

Seriously. I feel like an idiot that I somehow only saw the positive reviews before buying, then noticed the huge plethora of reported issues afterwards lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Look at the first comment here : https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/ii0zrn/help_me_surefire_m600df_with_sr07_light_switch/

"Its not an issue. Unfortunately its just the way it is. The surefire tape switches cant support the voltage that newer light technology requires. It acts as a choke point. The only switch on the market that can support max voltage on the newer high end weapon lights is the modlight modbutton which happens to be unobtanium at the moment."

If it's true it is absolutely insane to see Surefire asking to send back the light instead of the swtich .....
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Thought this was worth mentioning:

I am experiencing the same issue with both my M600DF and my Fury Tactical handheld light.  On the M600, the SR07 switch works differently between pressing the momentary button vs. the constant on button, but with either button pressed the light dimms in short bursts down to a level far beneath a much older light.  It stays on, but is not even remotely bright.  With my Fury handheld, the same thing happens with the clicky tail cap.  I've tried playing with springs a little, but have had no luck.  

So, on Thursday I emailed Surefire.  They responded yesterday and asked me to send the heads back in for replacement.  I haven't read every thread on this site from top to bottom about this issue (there are a few), but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone blame the heads.

I emailed back and asked why I should spend the $$ to send parts from $500 in Surefire product back for warranty service - I feel like they should cover the shipping.  I'll report back and see how that goes.  At this point, I wish I would have kept the 123 versions of each of these - they worked perfectly.

Edit (couple hours later): I do have one other M600DF that has always worked perfectly and runs on a SR07 switch.  Decided to try switching only the heads between my defective setup and the one that works.  Problem solved.  I'm thinking Surefire knows what's wrong with these and is now correcting the issue by replacing the heads.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought 600DF, came with red rechargeable battery. Purchased the ds07 tailcap with on/off and pressure switch. Pressure switch works fine but when I use the click on/off feature the light is very dim. I know some one said on the post that it could be the faulty battery but how's that possible if the tape switch is fine? Anyway I try extending the spring and making sure everything was properly in place tightly, no dice.

I bought a new one that came from another light and that one works fine. Had the bolt carrier slam home and no problems either. Now I just need to take it to the range to make sure there is absolutely no issues.

Also the first one I bought was new in a package, the second one I bought was taken from another light that was sold together. So I'm not sure maybe surefire had a bad batch of these or what.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#39]
For what it’s worth I run a new Surefire 600DF Pro with a Unity Hot Button (mlok model, not that it matters) into a UE cap. When I first fired it up it was a bright flash and then it went dimmer.

I pulled the plug out and reseated it well as rotated it with no change. So I checked the tail cap and it was good to go. I pulled the 18650 battery and plugged into one of my most reliable charging USB spots (a lamp we have with one on the base) and left charging it while was at work for the day.

It was fine after I put the fully charged 18650 back in so I loaded the rifle up and put it in my defense rifle safe.  

After reading this, I checked it again just now and it was dimmer again. Much better with CR123s + hot button and/or with the tail cap only. The Hot Button has a much larger cable that’s allegedly rated for the wattage of the 18650 lights.

I think the battery (black and red surefire that came with it) may slowly discharge when in the light even off. That is my only theory as it instantly went to the red led when charging.

I have it charging now and will report back after testing it vs my other 123 lights and with both tail caps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#40]
What would be great would be to have someone with the issue (M600DF + Surefire Tape Switch) try the exact same config (with the 18650 SF battery) but with a modbutton rather than a SR07
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thought this was worth mentioning:

I am experiencing the same issue with both my M600DF and my Fury Tactical handheld light.  On the M600, the SR07 switch works differently between pressing the momentary button vs. the constant on button, but with either button pressed the light dimms in short bursts down to a level far beneath a much older light.  It stays on, but is not even remotely bright.  With my Fury handheld, the same thing happens with the clicky tail cap.  I've tried playing with springs a little, but have had no luck.  

So, on Thursday I emailed Surefire.  They responded yesterday and asked me to send the heads back in for replacement.  I haven't read every thread on this site from top to bottom about this issue (there are a few), but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone blame the heads.

I emailed back and asked why I should spend the $$ to send parts from $500 in Surefire product back for warranty service - I feel like they should cover the shipping.  I'll report back and see how that goes.  At this point, I wish I would have kept the 123 versions of each of these - they worked perfectly.

Edit (couple hours later): I do have one other M600DF that has always worked perfectly and runs on a SR07 switch.  Decided to try switching only the heads between my defective setup and the one that works.  Problem solved.  I'm thinking Surefire knows what's wrong with these and is now correcting the issue by replacing the heads.
View Quote

Like most I had this same issue.  Surefire replaced the light under warranty and so far I have had no issues.  I did buy a Modlite modbutton to try.  If there is a difference my eyes don't see it.  I'm keeping the SF switch on for now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#42]
After reading this thread over the past few weeks I decided to dig up my SF tap switch and try it. I was nervous since I dont want to send my light back to SF...But it seems to work fine. I could not notice any obvious dimming while using the pressure pad vs. the clicky tail cap. The battery has been sitting in the light for months without charging also.

My 600DF did NOT come with a pressure pad/tape switch but I had one from my other SF Scout Light (non DF).

My 600DF is tan, came with a BLACK SF battery (and charger) and is maybe 1.5 to 2 years old. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I havnt shot with it on my rifle enough. I also do not normally use the tape switch.

I just ordered a 2nd 600DF and will compare the new vs. old.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#43]
I have 8 or so modlites, have had 5-6 600DF's and now have a handful of modbuttons.

I have tried a ton of combinations and cannot see any difference between any of the combos.  All the switches work with no dimming, switches or tailcaps have no perceptible difference on brightness.

Using mostly DS00 tailcaps, a few UE's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#44]
One of my friends told me that he had strictly no "dimming" issues like me with his 600DF+SR07 combo so I asked him to give me his SR07. I also received 2 modlights this day (one small and one long - PLH-v2).
My SR07 will be called SR07-1 (as a reminder I have the dimming issue with this combo)
My friends's SR07 will be called SR07-2

(SR07-1 at the top / SR07-2 at the bottom)

OK so more testings I could do and here are my very interesting results:

600DF + SR07-1 = dimming
Any Modlight + SR07-1 = very light dimming
Any Modlight + SR07-2 = NO dimming
600DF + SR07-2 = NO dimming (tried several times)

So, FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, the problem is as I expected it to be, my 600DF works just fine but the problem comes from my particular SR07 switch ...

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I too am experiencing performance issues with the M600DF. My first one was purchased in July 2019, went on 2 outings no more than 400 rounds total and sat mostly and was experiencing what seemed like a battery drain and dimming flickering issue after the second trip. Surefire sent a another Battery at first, but it was still having the issues. Sent it in Nov 2019 and about a 2-3 weeks I got a replacement I think head on the same body back December 2019. The replacement is again sitting on an RM45 on my primary HD rifle, a 5.56 DDM4V3, Black UE and SR07. Note I have not fired the replacement light since but it is "working"...but the question now, is how long for that one hypothetically, after my second one with a later serial went down this past weekend.

Purchased a second M600DF from Arisaka May 2020 for $412.13, with a mount, DS00, and SR07...light worked and was comparable to replacement DF though not as bright as with the tailcap intially, installed on a 12.5" 5.56 AR pistol. First outing was to zero in Sept, and last weekend the second outing was this past Saturday no more than 70 rounds (less than 200 total) light is experiencing flickering and dimming issue after checking the light and battery yesterday. This morning checked it again and it seems fine and comparable again to unfired replacement...

Flickering and dimming occurred with Surefire 18660 (12/19), Keeppower 18650, Surefire CR123, and both the SR07 via constant and momentary, including DS00....I don't know what to do. I sent a note to SF yesterday evening as this is certainly terrible timing and I know they're working hard...I love the company and people, but I also haven't had issues like this with any of the CR123 and AA Scouts that I'm still running and thank god I have other but less optimal setups to switch in - what's the solution?  

Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Is this issue only happening with the SR-07 switch.  I am not seeing any complaints here with the ST-07 or did I miss it?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is this issue only happening with the SR-07 switch.  I am not seeing any complaints here with the ST-07 or did I miss it?
View Quote

I am having the exact same dimming ssue with a M600DF / SR07 switch as I am with my Fury Tactical DF handheld.  Both arrived back at Surefire yesterday.  I will post results when I get a response from Surefire.  They initially asked me to send back the heads of both lights, but I was not able to remove the head on the Fury (doesn't seem removable), so I sent the whole thing in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yessir, this is the common theme with all my setups. I run every light with a SR07, specifically 1 M600 (600L) no issue, 1 M600 AA (200L) no issues, and 2 M600DF issues on first (replaced by SF) and now second (initiated RMA).
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I believe it is NOT the battery.

I used the same battery (older all black Surefire battery) in my older 600DF and a brand new one. The old 600DF had NO dimming when using the tape switch. The brand new 600DF (using the same battery as the older unit) had obvious dimming when using the tape switch.

So it's either the head (most likely), the tape switch, or how they interact.

And since my brand new 600DF has this problem, and folks above are having the problem reoccur even after getting a replacement head direct from Surefire, I do not believe that Surefire has solved this problem yet. Maybe it's the emitter, maybe some circuitry.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I believe it is NOT the battery.

I used the same battery (older all black Surefire battery) in my older 600DF and a brand new one. The old 600DF had NO dimming when using the tape switch. The brand new 600DF (using the same battery as the older unit) had obvious dimming when using the tape switch.

So it's either the head (most likely), the tape switch, or how they interact.

And since my brand new 600DF has this problem, and folks above are having the problem reoccur even after getting a replacement head direct from Surefire, I do not believe that Surefire has solved this problem yet. Maybe it's the emitter, maybe some circuitry.
View Quote

I personally think it is between the switch and the head/switch interaction as you mentioned (see the test I could do above). But I'd rather incriminate the switch (gut feeling). I'm pretty sure that "fixed " 600DF head draw less power from the battery (not by a large margin but enough to prevent this dimming issue).
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top