AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The M600DF is 5.0 oz (with 18650, without mount) and the M600U is 4.0 oz (without mount). The 18650 is 0.6 oz heavier than 2 SureFire 123s.

I like the idea of having the rechargeable battery yet being able to replace it with 123s if necessary. I don't like that the bezel isn't compatible with the older parts. I wonder if they'll come out with an M600VDF, M300DF, or M300VDF.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shiet, this new SF 600DF is super bright compared to my other lights. So far it is the brightest light in my collection Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm thinking a big Metal Storm-style unit, but instead of gun barrels, you have a few hundred M600DFs. Then you hook them all up to a tape switch and activate them, and presto, instant literal portable daylight.

The only problem is how do you carry this around...

Maybe it could be a WML for an Arleigh Burke.
View Quote
That tape switch would melt and possibly cause a catastrophic failure  almost instantly. If I had to do that I would have a control circuit that the tape triggers, connected to relays on each light.

I know it was a joke but my autism kicked in.

Edit: thanks for confirming that the older E series heads  dont work with this body/vice versa.  I figured that would be the case but it would have been neat if they managed to make everything still fit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have any distance pics of the 1500 lumen M600DF vs the 600 lumen M600U? There are reports that it has less range than the M600U, the same range with more hot spot size and spill, and more spill and slightly more range. Im not sure what is true. A hundred yard or longer comparison of output would be useful.

Also, the HLX comparison photo, earlier in the thread,  almost looks like the M600DF has the hotspot on the ground instead of pointed at the fence. Is that the case?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20180624_140326-586003.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20180624_140344-586006.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20180624_140400-586007.JPG

The M600DF is 5.0 oz (with 18650, without mount) and the M600U is 4.0 oz (without mount). The 18650 is 0.6 oz heavier than 2 SureFire 123s.

I like the idea of having the rechargeable battery yet being able to replace it with 123s if necessary. I don't like that the bezel isn't compatible with the older parts. I wonder if they'll come out with an M600VDF, M300DF, or M300VDF.
View Quote
Can you get a close up of the LED? I was wondering if it would be possible to de-dome the LED and get better throw at the expense of some of that spill or if it is already de-domed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone have any distance pics of the 1500 lumen M600DF vs the 600 lumen M600U? There are reports that it has less range than the M600U, the same range with more hot spot size and spill, and more spill and slightly more range. Im not sure what is true. A hundred yard or longer comparison of output would be useful.

Also, the HLX comparison photo, earlier in the thread,  almost looks like the M600DF has the hotspot on the ground instead of pointed at the fence. Is that the case?
View Quote
In the beam comparison portion of my video below.

Surefire M600DF Scout 1,500 Lumen Weapon Light: The Best Rifle Light Ever?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Do the ue tailcaps work on these?
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do the ue tailcaps work on these?
View Quote
Yes they do.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm having a problem with an M600DF I purchased off the EE. Included were two genuine Surefire 18650 batteries and the Surefire wall charger. One battery works just fine. The other keeps the light activated no matter what position the switch is in. As soon as I install it and screw the head on, the light activates and pressing the Z68 tailcap switch does nothing. Again, the other battery works just fine.

I'm currently charging both batteries and will test again shortly, but has anyone else experienced this problem or know what could be causing it?

ETA: Problem found and corrected for anyone else who may encounter the same issue. The insulating cover (plastic shrink type wrap) on the outside (bottom side) of the battery had either been peeled off evenly all around, or it wasn't there to begin with. Surefire is sending out a new replacement battery. In the meantime, I used a piece of electrical tape wrapped around the base of the battery, cut it, and folded it around the bottom to replace the missing plastic insulating wrap. Works like a charm now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Stupid question : changing the batteries on this, or other Scout lights; done when removing the tail or removing the head?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stupid question : changing the batteries on this, or other Scout lights; done when removing the tail or removing the head?
View Quote
You remove the head on the surefire scout lights, the back end of the body has a step machined in that retains the batteries.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You remove the head on the surefire scout lights, the back end of the body has a step machined in that retains the batteries.
View Quote
Nice, thanks.  Makes my planned mount setup possible.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Who has the current best price on this bad boy?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 2:35:32 AM EDT
[#14]
If you like Arisaka mounts their light plus mount combo along with their 10% off surefire code is tough to beat.

Other than that the best I've seen is the 1st responder price at DSG.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#15]
DSG also has a $15 coupon (OCT15LE) right now for orders over $200, which brings the price down to $214.73.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks boys. I'm not LE so I'll snag it from Arisaka
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Just tested mine tonight, definitely bright as hell but way more throw than any TIR surefire light I've ever seen, makes the HLX look like a pencil beam, I was hoping for a more focused beam.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
For those that already have one or a few of these I wish they would come out with a different kit that included a DS07 tailcap with switch instead of the standard cap and no included charger.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For those that already have one or a few of these I wish they would come out with a different kit that included a DS07 tailcap with switch instead of the standard cap and no included charger.
View Quote
I agree. Between the light, mount, tail switch and cloud defense switch mount I spent a small fortune. More than some rifles cost.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
My 600DF worked for about 2 minutes after taking it out of the box.

It's at surefire now, we'll see how long it takes them to send a replacement.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
My 600DF has about the same output as my 2012 X300.  Sent it back to Surefire today.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Are you guys charging the battery first? Seems odd to be having so many issues on such a simple system.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you guys charging the battery first? Seems odd to be having so many issues on such a simple system.
View Quote
I suspect those are anomalies. Everyone I know that's running them has been happy.

I know I am.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:39:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Mine's great!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Just ordered from Lanbo’s. Can’t really complain at a $199 price point.

I’m stoked. When I get it I’ll compare it to my Arisaka 600 E2ST, warrior m21x and m22.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just ordered from Lanbo’s. Can’t really complain at a $199 price point.

I’m stoked. When I get it I’ll compare it to my Arisaka 600 E2ST, warrior m21x and m22.
View Quote
I’d be very interested in how it throws compared to the e2st.  I have an e2st and have been holding out on spending 200 plus for the DF until I know if it’s going to be significantly better.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’d be very interested in how it throws compared to the e2st.  I have an e2st and have been holding out on spending 200 plus for the DF until I know if it’s going to be significantly better.
View Quote
I’ll get up pics tonight!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:55:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok so I skimmmed the manual but I didn’t really see a specific brand to get.

What 18650’s should I get for this as to have extras?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I've just been using the surefires.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I suspect those are anomalies. Everyone I know that's running them has been happy.

I know I am.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I am.
Ditto. Two. Work fine for months now, not one single issue.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I’ll get up pics tonight!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uh.....maybe check the new thread I made.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know if Surefire had a bad batch of these lights? Me and two of my buddies all got some around the same time. Two ceased functioning altogether, one would only go to about half power even with a fully charged battery, and one flickers under recoil or dropping the bolt or even just dry fire. Out of four lights between the three of us there hasn't been one that worked 100% yet.

Surefire is taking care of the problems, but I'm shocked that we had three different issues from what is typically a company that vets their products before release.

We all got them pretty early on after release so that's why I'm wondering if there was a bad batch.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok so I skimmmed the manual but I didn’t really see a specific brand to get.

What 18650’s should I get for this as to have extras?
View Quote
Based on the specs of the SF 18650A (3.7V, 3400mAh), protected, button top, capable of 6A continuous output.  Based on comparable cell pricing, I just ordered additional 18650As.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Based on the specs of the SF 18650A (3.7V, 3400mAh), protected, button top, capable of 6A continuous output.  Based on comparable cell pricing, I just ordered additional 18650As.
View Quote
Mind sharing a link?

You can pm it if you want.

@0100010
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Surefire had a bad batch of these lights? Me and two of my buddies all got some around the same time. Two ceased functioning altogether, one would only go to about half power even with a fully charged battery, and one flickers under recoil or dropping the bolt or even just dry fire. Out of four lights between the three of us there hasn't been one that worked 100% yet.

Surefire is taking care of the problems, but I'm shocked that we had three different issues from what is typically a company that vets their products before release.

We all got them pretty early on after release so that's why I'm wondering if there was a bad batch.
View Quote
Ok, wow, yeah. I just checked this. Here is what I found.

When I use the clicky tail and actually turn the light on and leave it on, I do see a very very very very slight flicker. As in barely noticeable.

However, if I turn the light on using momentary, as in not completely actuating the switch, it does not flicker.

Something else. If I push the button all the way down and bottom it out and release it by the smallest amount I can replicate the flicker. So I think it has something to do with the switch. Maybe?

Definitely something going on.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thank you!
View All Quotes
Arguably better battery for a little more than 1/2 the price (granted it doesn't have the pretty FSF logo on it)

https://liionwholesale.com/products/protected-panasonic-sanyo-ncr18650ga-button-top?variant=12534255236
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Arguably better battery for a little more than 1/2 the price (granted it doesn't have the pretty FSF logo on it)

https://liionwholesale.com/products/protected-panasonic-sanyo-ncr18650ga-button-top?variant=12534255236
View Quote
Cool. I actually think I have some of these but wasn’t sure if I should use them. Don’t want Surefire denying warranty because I used an unapproved battery.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cool. I actually think I have some of these but wasn't sure if I should use them. Don't want Surefire denying warranty because I used an unapproved battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I actually think I have some of these but wasn't sure if I should use them. Don't want Surefire denying warranty because I used an unapproved battery.
I would at least hang on to the Surefire battery that it came with, if for no other reason than to be able to throw it in the light if you ever do have to send it back for warranty work.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok, wow, yeah. I just checked this. Here is what I found.

When I use the clicky tail and actually turn the light on and leave it on, I do see a very very very very slight flicker. As in barely noticeable.

However, if I turn the light on using momentary, as in not completely actuating the switch, it does not flicker.

Something else. If I push the button all the way down and bottom it out and release it by the smallest amount I can replicate the flicker. So I think it has something to do with the switch. Maybe?

Definitely something going on.
View Quote
Stock tailcap?

I'm using DS07s on both of mine and haven't noticed a flicker yet.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Stock tailcap?

I'm using DS07s on both of mine and haven't noticed a flicker yet.
View Quote
Yeah. Stock. I’ll see if the new black df I ordered does it when I get it on Thursday.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do 123s rattle around in the DF models like they do other bored bodies?
View Quote
These will fix that.  Nitecore NBM1618 Battery Magazine CR123 CR123A to 18650 Converter.  You can get them on eBay.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

These will fix that.  Nitecore NBM1618 Battery Magazine CR123 CR123A to 18650 Converter.  You can get them on eBay.
View Quote
Rolling some paper will work too.  http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?360020-Cheap-DIY-guide-CR123-to-18650-sleeve-adapter
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my second one in today. It exhibits the same tiny tiny tiny flicker issue. It’s not enough to bother me.

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Is it only under recoil or can you induce it other ways?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is it only under recoil or can you induce it other ways?
View Quote
It happens charging the gun AND fucking dry firing. A dry fire.

And I’m pretty pissed right now. The one I got today, the black one, is junk. I had it on for about 45 second and it died. I clicked the button a couple of time and it came back on and then seconds later and then died.

I’m testing the tan one now. Seems fine.

Not super happy with both of my $300 msrp lights right now. The faint flickering I can deal with. A randomly dying light?  Total BS Surefire.

Edit: yup. It’s got an issue. I turned both on. The fde one runs and runs and runs. Black one run for about a minute and dies. Turn it off and turn it on and it works but dies again. Rinse repeat.

Guess I have to call tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It happens charging the gun AND fucking dry firing. A dry fire.

And I'm pretty pissed right now. The one I got today, the black one, is junk. I had it on for about 45 second and it died. I clicked the button a couple of time and it came back on and then seconds later and then died.

I'm testing the tan one now. Seems fine.

Not super happy with both of my $300 msrp lights right now. The faint flickering I can deal with. A randomly dying light?  Total BS Surefire.

Edit: yup. It's got an issue. I turned both on. The fde one runs and runs and runs. Black one run for about a minute and dies. Turn it off and turn it on and it works but dies again. Rinse repeat.

Guess I have to call tomorrow
View Quote
I hear their CS is top notch, be sure to mention promo code "allthelumens" for extra special CS
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#50]
They are starting out by sending me a new battery which, honestly, might be it.

I pulled it out this morning and turned it on. Didn’t die. Just ran and ran.

I wonder if it was over volted coming straight off the charger?
Page / 11
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top