Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2017 2:43:33 PM EDT
I want to mount a pressure switch using double-sided tape.  Who makes the best tape for this and where can I get it?  TIA
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using Gorilla Tape two sided tape, works really good. Hardware store or HD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not cheap, but if I need something to stay put, I use 3m 414-LONGDC
It also works nicely for adhering Palusol seals
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Breaking the bank at $7.98:

3M Double Sided Tape
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
3M VHB tape. It has something like a 1200# PSI rating. So yeah, once it is on, it is not coming off. This stuff is safe for industrial, wet, and hazardous locations. You can order it from Uline, Grainger, McMaster, maybe Amazon.

Here is the stuff you want: https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tape-5952-Multiple-Sizes/dp/B01EOEW25S

The other tapes posted above are not the same. And are not as strong.

Make sure to clean each side with rubbing alcohol, and let dry. Then apply the tape, and stick away. 100% hold after 24 hours. I use this stuff to mount gear rack on industrial equipment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
3M double sided tape is the best.  Most of the white tape will dry out over time, not made for outdoor use.  Look for the black or gray.

As stated, clean both items you're sticking the tape to with isopropyl alcohol.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3M VHB tape. It has something like a 1200# PSI rating. So yeah, once it is on, it is not coming off. This stuff is safe for industrial, wet, and hazardous locations. You can order it from Uline, Grainger, McMaster, maybe Amazon.

Here is the stuff you want: https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tape-5952-Multiple-Sizes/dp/B01EOEW25S
View Quote
Sounds like good stuff, and the cool thing is that it comes in 1/4" wide rolls. Perfect for a pressure switch. I wish I didn't have to buy 5 yards of it, but I understand why they have to sell it that way. I'm sure somewhere down the road I'll find some other uses for it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like good stuff, and the cool thing is that it comes in 1/4" wide rolls. Perfect for a pressure switch. I wish I didn't have to buy 5 yards of it, but I understand why they have to sell it that way. I'm sure somewhere down the road I'll find some other uses for it.
View Quote
Target sells it in a small package that has 6-8 small 1in x 3in strips.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Target sells it in a small package that has 6-8 small 1in x 3in strips.
View Quote
It just keeps gettin' better! 
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top