Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 2:01:29 PM EDT
The mounts are removed as seen in the picture below. Is there any mount that will work with this? I tried a supposed 1 inch diameter mount and that didn't come close to getting tight enough.

https://imgur.com/UgqeNtC
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
oops, I should have paid more attention to your linked image.

ETA I just looked through my parts bin and found this, which is part of the surefire mount, check the pictures, if it can help you, pm me and I'll send it to you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy one of the aftermarket mounts that screw into those 2 holes there are a dozen or more to choose from.

Haley strategic make some fancy ones, for example.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Buy one of the aftermarket mounts that screw into those 2 holes there are a dozen or more to choose from.

Haley strategic make some fancy ones, for example.
View Quote
I was about to buy the thorntail, but I'm pretty sure this is missing the part that that would require? Isn't it? I think it needs the part that goes over those.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
oops, I should have paid more attention to your linked image.

ETA I just looked through my parts bin and found this, which is part of the surefire mount, check the pictures, if it can help you, pm me and I'll send it to you.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/103648/IMG_0081_JPG-332407.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/103648/IMG_0082_JPG-332409.jpg
View Quote
Thanks a lot for the help. That does look like the missing original mount, but I'm not sure if it is possible to reattach it as it is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

It appears the body has been machined to remove the mounting bosses/legs, so I’m doubting those screw holes go very deep.

If the 1” ring mount is too loose, you could always try some bicycle inner tube over the Scout body to increase the OD, or just pick up an aftermarket Scout body from someone like Arisaka, which opens up your options considerably.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks a lot for the help. That does look like the missing original mount, but I'm not sure if it is possible to reattach it as it is.
View Quote
No, you won’t be able to attach that mount to your current Scout body.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Get yourself a new body from S&S precision or Arisaka Defense.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
You need an E series size mount. 1 inch is too big. VTAC offset light mounts come with an insert for the E series body lights (.93" in diameter I believe).
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top