Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2017 10:30:40 AM EDT
On this episode of This Old Light....

I was digging through all my old shit in boxes and found my very first Surefire light. A G2Z Combat that I remember slaying hogs and coyotes with at a whopping 65 retina burning lumens. I put some fresh new batteries in it and went to reminisce of the good old days of when this light was my go to light. I quickly found that holy crap on a cracker 65 lumes is less light than my cell phone flashlight.

How did we ever work with these things?

Now, I need a new tail cap and head. Malakoff for the head and get a new surefire clicky cap?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On this episode of This Old Light....

I was digging through all my old shit in boxes and found my very first Surefire light. A G2Z Combat that I remember slaying hogs and coyotes with at a whopping 65 retina burning lumens. I put some fresh new batteries in it and went to reminisce of the good old days of when this light was my go to light. I quickly found that holy crap on a cracker 65 lumes is less light than my cell phone flashlight.

How did we ever work with these things?

Now, I need a new tail cap and head. Malakoff for the head and get a new surefire clicky cap?
View Quote

I put my M3 Tactical Illuminator on my ar pistol and "cleared" the dark hallway the other night...... I only ran over 3 end tables LOL 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I put my M3 Tactical Illuminator on my ar pistol and "cleared" the dark hallway the other night...... I only ran over 3 end tables LOL 
View Quote
Hahaa. I used to have mine mounted on my 12ga pig gun. It would light it up back in the day and now I don't feel like I'd use it to try to blind someone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember when lights attached to pistols with screws and you had to send off the pistol and light and wait to have a leather holster custom made for it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I had one of those old G2's as well (at the time, they were awesome!).
Lights/bulbs/battery power has been one of the fastest advancing areas I've seen as of late. It's AMAZING how much lumens (and run time) they get out of single batteries these days!
Imagine what lights will do in 10 years from now!

ETA: this just reminded me... IPhone is 10 years old now. Imagine, 12 years ago, the thought of having a handheld small pocket size device that does all the modern things it does (can you imagine the idea of "face time" 15 years ago??! At that time, they had HUGE phone booth type things with a low res screen which you'd pay a fortune to use to video chat with someone. Now it's in the palm of your hand). Tech is advancing so rapidly, it's like an explosion.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top