Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2017 9:11:00 PM EDT
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2X-10000-Lumen-Zoomable-for-CREE-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Tactical-Aluminum/282591319457?_mwBanner=1

I bought a couple just because the were so cheap but am pleasantly surprised at how bright and not so cheap feeling as I expected for a $5.00 flashlight.

Do they compare to a $150.00 flashlight or even a $75-$80 Fenix, no but they aren't that bad. They really aren't.

And the come with batteries and charger.

Only time and a little rough handling will tell......
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Be really careful with the batteries and chargers. Most of the cheap lights come with substandard chargers and batteries. Lithium batt. safety is a real concern that most people don't think or know about. Cheap chargers may not terminate at the correct voltage, and most cheap batteries are overrated and/or rewrapped laptop pulls.

Find Sanyo/Panasonic/Sony 18650s and Xtar or similar charger and you'll be better off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip.

I have been keeping an eye on the cheap chargers as to take them off when the light turns green.

As far as the lights themselves, they are exceptionally nice for the money and blindingly bright.They also fit in a 1 inch flashlight mount perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered another 2 pack. For this price, why not?

The beam is fully adjustable and extremely bright plus it will fit a 1 inch flashlight mount.

The only thing I don't like is that the tail cap switch won't allow for momentary on. You have to click it completely to turn it on and off but I'm sure the switch could be switched with another or a pressure switch.  I'm going to check to see if Surefire switches fit.

Edited to add

Another thing I don't like is that I don't think you can use Cr123a batteries. They don't list the voltage ranges and I don't want to burn out the led and experiment. 2 cr123as fit perfectly though . I think I'm going to message the seller and ask. Hopefully it can handle 6 volts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one of those a couple years ago. Looks the same. For the price, not bad at all. I prefer the sipik clones because of the smaller size and that they take 1xAA. Not as bright though, although with a 14500 they are closer. Got a dozen or so around the house and in vehicles.

Like this
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link.

I think I'll give those a try too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like this
View Quote
Think these would be good to mount on a weapon that doesn't have a lot of recoil?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, when I posted this I didn't realize this was the ar15 lights and lasers section. I would not use the lights you mentioned or the lights I mentioned on a firearm at all. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry, when I posted this I didn't realize this was the ar15 lights and lasers section. I would not use the lights you mentioned or the lights I mentioned on a firearm at all. 
View Quote
Can't handle the recoil I assume?

The ones I bought are extremely bright and with the beam adjustment, it throws the beam a very long distance.

I put a crappier light on a kel tec and it withstood the recoil for a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The one is marketed to be used as a weapon light and appears to have the exact same body as the 2 for $10.00 flashlights I bought.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-500-weaponlight-Shotgun-Flashlight-Shotgun-Strobe-300-lumen-flashligh-/152577452056?hash=item2386532818%3Ag%3AiksAAOSwzJ5XVwjt&_trkparms=pageci%253A7d8a5775-a8b3-11e7-a932-74dbd1807a60%257Cparentrq%253Ae569860c15e0ab64c3b5104cffff742d%257Ciid%253A20
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't trust any of these lights on a weapon.

For firearms that actually go BANG, I stick to what is proven and works.  

Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix, and now OLight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't trust any of these lights on a weapon.

For firearms that actually go BANG, I stick to what is proven and works.  

Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix, and now OLight.
View Quote
I like Fenix lights. I have a couple.

Thst being said, I'm going to experiment with these cheap lights. I want to see if they can withstand being subjected to recoil.

Sometimes cheap isn't necessarily bad and expensive isn't ALWAYS good.

I have a Surefire light that the tail cap failed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's an Olight.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Olight-M1X-Striker-1000-lumens-LED-Flashlight-with-2x-18650-Charger-/292279448787?epid=1954215693&hash=item440d3674d3%3Ag%3A6TEAAOSw6ahZ093i&_trkparms=pageci%253A99c976ae-a97e-11e7-b057-74dbd18054ef%257Cparentrq%253Aea9ca09a15e0a86bd4669459ffff3136%257Ciid%253A1
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't believe that the ebay ad even includes a picture of the terrible square shape that the beam turns into when it is zoomed in.  Those flashlights are all absolute trash and are not even worth the $1-$5 they sell for on ebay and Amazon.

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't believe that the ebay ad even includes a picture of the terrible square shape that the beam turns into when it is zoomed in.  Those flashlights are all absolute trash and are not even worth the $1-$5 they sell for on ebay and Amazon.

https://i.snag.gy/uCiSFz.jpg
View Quote
They turn into the square on the utmost most zoomed setting only.

It's not really a big deal.

I respectfully disagree that they aren't worth $5.00.  Where are you going to get a half way decent light, rechargable battery and charger for that money?

Now they may not make the best choice for weapon mounting and I don't like the  multiple brightness and strobe settings (which if you just turn it completely on and off stays on brightess setting) but as a pocket flashlight; it rocks.

Only time will tell how it will hold up but I bought 4 to keep around the house and just for shits and giggles sm going to mount on a firearm ;to.subject it to recoil and see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They turn into the square on the utmost most zoomed setting only.

It's not really a big deal.

I respectfully disagree that they aren't worth $5.00.  Where are you going to get a half way decent light, rechargable battery and charger for that money?

Now they may not make the best choice for weapon mounting and I don't like the  multiple brightness and strobe settings (which if you just turn it completely on and off stays on brightess setting) but as a pocket flashlight; it rocks.

Only time will tell how it will hold up but I bought 4 to keep around the house and just for shits and giggles sm going to mount on a firearm ;to.subject it to recoil and see how it holds up.
View Quote
I would not even feel safe keeping those batteries or charger in my house.  They are an accident waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would not even feel safe keeping those batteries or charger in my house.  They are an accident waiting to happen.
View Quote
I must be lucky so far because I have 7 of the Chinese rechargable batteries ( 3 different makes) plus 7 of the Chinese chargers and used them all without incident.

None of the batteries got hot while in the chargers and I took them out when the green ( charged) indicator light came on.

Lots of expensive batteries and flashlights are rebranded cheap Chinese stuff.

Chinese stuff isn't as bad as it used to be.

Look at Fenix and some of the other Chinese flashlights.

The main reason why these lights are so cheap is because of very cheap labor.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top