Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2017 2:48:07 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can find IR/White light heads for the Scout series lights? Does Surefire no longer sell just the heads? Do they only sell the full-up lights now?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK that's the case. Even if you can get the heads, it makes more sense financially to but the whole light and sell the parts you don't want.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye on the EE.  I had an extra scout body and tailcap and was able to find an M600V head on the EE for $75 shipped a year or so back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
they only sell the whole light now due to the prevalence of cheaper aftermarket bodies
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they only sell the whole light now due to the prevalence of cheaper aftermarket bodies
View Quote
Forgot about this, a lot of aftermarket bodies don't work with the V series heads.  I know the 600V head would not work on a 600 series Arisaka Scout body.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Forgot about this, a lot of aftermarket bodies don't work with the V series heads.  I know the 600V head would not work on a 600 series Arisaka Scout body.
View Quote
When originally released, this was true. However Arisaka bodies are fully compatible with the IR heads now, and have been for some time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy an Arisaka with a V head (can you still do this?), well the Arisaka body at a slight loss (or buy another WL head to have a complete Scout.

Profit?

Arisaka 300V
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When originally released, this was true. However Arisaka bodies are fully compatible with the IR heads now, and have been for some time.
View Quote
Damn, good to know.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top