Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2017 8:45:57 PM EDT
Although my TLR-1 has been great, I want a Surefire X300U for the new Glock Gen 5, which accepts 1913 picatinny.

As I understand it, the "A" model Rail-Lock is the way to go for polymer framed pistols. Is this correct?

I hope so because I want the desert tan model as I will be having the Glock cerakoted soon. Nobody happens to know what color the Surefire DT is? If not, I'll just get the cerakoter to match it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got both models, both on poly framed pistols. Either will work just fine in my experience (albiet limited). The A model rail latch/lockup is harder to get on or off though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the B for everything
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I only use A since it's so easy to get on and off. This allows me to use my handgun light as my backup rifle light and backup handheld light. I have four x300U-A lights, two black, two tan. One tan is on a Glock 17, one black on a Glock 19. When I get a a Gen 5 no doubt it will be a color matched M600U-A 600 lumen.The B is just a needless pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up with the A model. The picatinny lever latch doesn't fit the Gen 5 Glock, had to use the Universal and it fits nice and tight. The slot is much smaller than the rail, but it butts up good against the trigger guard.

I must say, the X300 is bright and nice pattern, but the controls are stiff. I much prefer the mounting and controls of my TLR-1. But I'm sure the Surefire is better built.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The tan ones vary in color a bit.  

I like the A for a Glock.  I use the U lock plate on my Gen5s.  All is well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ended up with the A model. The picatinny lever latch doesn't fit the Gen 5 Glock, had to use the Universal and it fits nice and tight. The slot is much smaller than the rail, but it butts up good against the trigger guard.

I must say, the X300 is bright and nice pattern, but the controls are stiff. I much prefer the mounting and controls of my TLR-1. But I'm sure the Surefire is better built.
View Quote
The solution is to stop using the up/down lever and use push to front to operate the light. You have to push way harder to the front on the Streamlight to get the Streamlight to turn on lmao! All Glocks have used the U plate from the start.

How do you QD your handgun light better with a Streamlight mount?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top