Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2017 4:48:56 PM EDT
Hi, bought my first Streamlight, a TLR-1 HL.  When I ordered it I ordered a 20 pack of Rayovac Lithium Professional CR123as and just my luck they are not on that little piece of paper that Streamlight puts into the flashlight.  Am I good if I run these batteries in my streamlight?  I know that cheap batteries and ones of different charges shouldn't be used, but not sure about different brands being ok or not.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
CR123 batteries are CR123 batteries; the brand makes no difference. In fact most different brands like Surefire or Streamlight are the same manufacturer, just branded different.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CR123 batteries are CR123 batteries; the brand makes no difference. In fact most different brands like Surefire or Streamlight are the same manufacturer, just branded different.
View Quote
The only ones I would avoid are the cheap Chinese batteries. I've had good luck with the better quality Chinese batteries.

I think Panasonic and Surefire are both made in the same factory, just with different branding.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Elzetta said there is only 1 US manufacturer for CR123, Panasonic. https://www.elzetta.com/blog/batteries/

All "made in USA" are Panasonic, only the label is different. Surefire, Streamlight, Battery Station, all gtg.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I'll use my Rayovacs "Panasonics"
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Elzetta said there is only 1 US manufacturer for CR123, Panasonic. https://www.elzetta.com/blog/batteries/

All "made in USA" are Panasonic, only the label is different. Surefire, Streamlight, Battery Station, all gtg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait...am I understanding this correctly? Rayovac is actually manufactured by Panasonic? Because, IMHO virtually all Rayovac batteries are crap.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait...am I understanding this correctly? Rayovac is actually manufactured by Panasonic? Because, IMHO virtually all Rayovac batteries are crap.
View Quote
The CR123A (if labeled "Made in the USA") are made by Panasonic.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top