Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2011 5:04:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats pretty neat. Your lights have always struck me as extremely durable. And no one can fault the Highly popular Malkoff guts.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So what makes your lights? Is it the Elzetta body or the Malkoff module? Because I have several SureFires with Malkoff drop ins and don't think Elzetta would offer any advantage over a SureFire/Malkoff so I am hesitant to buy one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:

So what makes your lights? Is it the Elzetta body or the Malkoff module? Because I have several SureFires with Malkoff drop ins and don't think Elzetta would offer any advantage over a SureFire/Malkoff so I am hesitant to buy one.

Elzetta offers many advantages.  Here are a few:

The inside of the body of the Elzetta ZFL-M60 is contoured to match the shape of the Malkoff LED Module exactly to greatly enhance heat transfer providing cooler operation, longer runtime, and extended brightness.  We further extend this advantage with a thermally & electrically conductive grease between the LED Module and the Body.

The Elzetta ZFL-M60 does not require a lumen-robbing cover lens.  It is therefore more compact, much stronger, with greater output.

The Elzetta ZFL-M60 can be purchased in any one of 32 unique configurations (with more coming soon).  You choose from a Standard or Crenellated Bezel, a Standard or Flood Lens (Malkoff M60 or M60F), a 2-Cell or 3-Cell Body, and a Rotary, Click, High/Low, or High/Strobe Tailcap.  All components are also available individually for easy modification/upgrade.  Functionality is controlled by the Tailcap (Want a strobe?  Just install a High/Strobe Tailcap.)

The user interface on the Elzetta High/Low and High/Strobe Tailcaps does not require multiple clicks or confusing menus.  With the Tailcap screwed all the way on, 'High' is selected.  Unscrew the Tailcap anywhere from a few degrees to a 1/4 turn and you get 'Low' or 'Strobe'.  Change modes while On or Off.  Intuitive, predictable operation that can easily be done with one hand.  (No battery drain occurs when the Light is off.)

The Elzetta ZFL-M60 is made from micro-textured Type III Hard Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum providing an ultra-matte black finish with superior durability and optimized heat capacity and thermal conductivity.

Elzetta ZFL-M60 Tailcaps are tapered to facilitate rapid installation into Flashlight Mounts & Holsters.

All good reasons.. mostly the heat transfer issue.  Good stuff.

Do you know if Mr. Malkoff fits his drop-ins perfectly inside his lights too?  Or is that just you guys?

Link Posted: 8/23/2011 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top