Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:36:46 AM EDT
Check out Spoofee.com today, at the top there is a link to LA Police Gears website, they have Surefire Lights on sale plus a 7% off coupon code, I just got a Surefire 6PDL for $60 to my door.

Share this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check out Spoofee.com today, at the top there is a link to LA Police Gears website, they have Surefire Lights on sale plus a 7% off coupon code, I just got a Surefire 6PDL for $60 to my door.

Share this.

The prices are very good but FYI the are the discontinued Gen 1 LED Surefires. 80 Lumens vs 120 for the new ones.

Marshall

Good to know, didnt even think about that, I think the LED one I have now is only 80 (aka Gen 1), to be honest I didnt know there was a Gen 2. At least all the other parts are unchanged, and I think BrightFlashLights can get the Gen 2 LEDs for cheap if you want to replace them, it might be cheaper to do that. I also use the light to walk the dog at night, so it is perfect for me, I can see accross my neighborhood with the 80 lumen LED, but 120 would just be great, oh well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share this.

The prices are very good but FYI the are the discontinued Gen 1 LED Surefires. 80 Lumens vs 120 for the new ones.

Marshall

Good to know, didnt even think about that, I think the LED one I have now is only 80 (aka Gen 1), to be honest I didnt know there was a Gen 2. At least all the other parts are unchanged, and I think BrightFlashLights can get the Gen 2 LEDs for cheap if you want to replace them, it might be cheaper to do that. I also use the light to walk the dog at night, so it is perfect for me, I can see accross my neighborhood with the 80 lumen LED, but 120 would just be great, oh well.

Well, yeah... the ad does say "closeout", so is someone surprised here?  I agree, those prices are very good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share this.

Marshall

Well, yeah... the ad does say "closeout", so is someone surprised here?  I agree, those prices are very good.

No not surprised, just didnt know there was a Gen 2 LED from Surefire. Mine should be here late this week, will be my third Surefire and I like them, and the sale was too good to pass up and not sharing would be mean.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I did see that too..But I know a lot of people customize their flashlights..Isnt the 6P a platform for customization?  I was thinking about picking one up an buying one of TNVC TX-4 CREE LED CONVERSION HEADS..

ANyone
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I did see that too..But I know a lot of people customize their flashlights..Isnt the 6P a platform for customization?  I was thinking about picking one up an buying one of TNVC TX-4 CREE LED CONVERSION HEADS..

ANyone

pretty sure that the conversion head is for M-series lights.  Those are larger small-arms mounted and handheld lights than the 6P type lights.

If you have an older 6P, you just need a drop-in for P, G, or Z series lights.  TNVC has one, item # Q5-LAMP,  Should recommend the Malkoff Devices M60 and M61 as well direct from Malkoff or Elzetta if he is out of them.  There are conversion HEADS from SF that bring the old 6P/6PL up to the spec of the current model, which does not accept drop-ins.  I know it can get confusing, but the basics are, if your 6P/6PL was either originally incan or had the 80L LED, then you can upgrade with drop-ins.  If you bought one of the "new" 120L 6PL's, then you are stuck, for now.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top