Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 6:53:55 PM EDT by Gunnerpalace]
Got it in the mail yesterday it's pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:05:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 6:06:27 AM EDT by DanTSX]
Is that the blue LED version? Can't tell if your camera is playing tricks on me.

I have one in blue. Blue light doesn't "spread" very far, so it is a very good light to use to light your way without your light being noticed. Had a white one too, but gave it away to family who thought their 30 year old krypton bulb 2C rayovac was "Good enough" in a prolonged outage.

They are not the brightest thing out there for a 2x CR123 battery light, in fact, kind of dim, but thats what I wanted. They are bombproof, simple, long batt life, and easy to hold. Currently, I use mine if I need to get something at night without waking up the wife. Turning on a white light immediately wakes her up. It's secondary use would be to provide area lighting during a prolonged power outage. Good light to have on hand, and at least until recently, made in the USA!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:44:18 AM EDT
Inova does make some high quality products! I think I might spring for an Inforce, and let you all know how it is. So far I've had a T2, T3, and T4. Excellent lights.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:30:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DanTSX:
Is that the blue LED version? Can't tell if your camera is playing tricks on me.

I have one in blue. Blue light doesn't "spread" very far, so it is a very good light to use to light your way without your light being noticed. Had a white one too, but gave it away to family who thought their 30 year old krypton bulb 2C rayovac was "Good enough" in a prolonged outage.

They are not the brightest thing out there for a 2x CR123 battery light, in fact, kind of dim, but thats what I wanted. They are bombproof, simple, long batt life, and easy to hold. Currently, I use mine if I need to get something at night without waking up the wife. Turning on a white light immediately wakes her up. It's secondary use would be to provide area lighting during a prolonged power outage. Good light to have on hand, and at least until recently, made in the USA!

I'm fairly certain it is blue, I know they made a UV version but the LED's look too bright for that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:52:59 AM EDT
I recommend the following light to EVERYONE:

Buy an Inova X5 with RED leds. It only takes ONE 123a battery, and is a battery vampire. You can drain the last drop out of every spent 123a battery you have. I used mine every night in the house walking around.... when i wake up and go to the bathroom... and when i shower.

i cant recommend this light highly enough.

S
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:49:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stainless:

Buy an Inova X5 with RED leds. It only takes ONE 123a battery, and is a battery vampire. You can drain the last drop out of every spent 123a battery you have. I used mine every night in the house walking around.... when i wake up and go to the bathroom... and when i shower.

S

Agreed. But they sell at a premium and are hard to find. I'll take the first one I can find under $40. My last two non-red X5's have cost me $15 each. The red X5 is the ultimate SHTF light. But to be fair, I use the non-red X5's as battery drainers from my other various CR123 lights as well. (I just am careful to keep the batteries paired to prevent unbalanced cells)

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:54:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DanTSX:

Originally Posted By Stainless:

S

Agreed. But they sell at a premium and are hard to find. I'll take the first one I can find under $40. My last two non-red X5's have cost me $15 each. The red X5 is the ultimate SHTF light. But to be fair, I use the non-red X5's as battery drainers from my other various CR123 lights as well. (I just am careful to keep the batteries paired to prevent unbalanced cells)

http://www.gad-zooks.com/servlet/the-5862/Inova-X5-Flashlight-Titanium/Detail
Top Top