Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:37:30 AM EDT
okay, i have been looking into this thing for a while now, and i just can't decide if it's WORTH $260

I'd like to hear impressions and thoughts concerning this unit.

Also, if there is any other company making a Laser illuminatior that can be weapon mounted, please post that info.
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked this question about a month ago and got very little response.  

I handled one of the units a the last gun show and just didnt seem like I was getting much for the high cost.  If it was around 100 bucks I would be more willing to try one out and I think others would as well.

From my internet searching it seems there are serious issues with the unit working at all in cold temps.  All in all I walked away from thinking about getting one and will probably just stick to hunting with a buddy and a red filter over a standard spotlight.  Or maybe pick up one of the on top of scope mounted spots (w/ red filter).
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
i already have a VERY good normal hunting light. 350 lumen Blackhawk with a red filter. It throws a spot that bright enough that you can clearly see with a scope at 200 yards, but i REALLY like the idea of a columnated green laser that won't terrorize animals.

does anyone else make anything similar?
Link Posted: 5/3/2010 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i already have a VERY good normal hunting light. 350 lumen Blackhawk with a red filter. It throws a spot that bright enough that you can clearly see with a scope at 200 yards, but i REALLY like the idea of a columnated green laser that won't terrorize animals.

does anyone else make anything similar?

Havent found any others...
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi everyone...Yes this is my first post.
I found a pretty good review about this product and I thought that I would share it with all of you.
MD3 Review

Later,
DMWalking
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
yet another item on my wants list.... i saw one of these at the rifle range last summer.  ive just not been able to part with the cash for something so unknown, especially with the reports of cold weather operation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Me being the laser fanatic that I am...I can tell you that it's next to impossible to get a green laser to work in extreme temps.  To my knowledge the only way that it can be done is if they where to use a green laser diode and those are very hard to come buy and cost thousands of dollars.  I am sure that one day the prices will eventually come down on them, but I'm also sure that day won't be happening unless a new Green Ray Movie player comes out... LOL  This won't happen though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Me being the laser fanatic that I am...I can tell you that it's next to impossible to get a green laser to work in extreme temps.  To my knowledge the only way that it can be done is if they where to use a green laser diode and those are very hard to come buy and cost thousands of dollars.  I am sure that one day the prices will eventually come down on them, but I'm also sure that day won't be happening unless a new Green Ray Movie player comes out... LOL  This won't happen though.

^^^ THIS is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump to see if anyone has used one yet?
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me being the laser fanatic that I am...I can tell you that it's next to impossible to get a green laser to work in extreme temps. To my knowledge the only way that it can be done is if they where to use a green laser diode and those are very hard to come buy and cost thousands of dollars. I am sure that one day the prices will eventually come down on them, but I'm also sure that day won't be happening unless a new Green Ray Movie player comes out... LOL This won't happen though.

^^^ THIS is the correct answer.

Double bump... for correct answer..

A budy of mine has one of these...

Glare Mout

Its Hi Speed and Low drag.. The light the thing throws is FUCKING INSANE!!! Cold weather it does not like.... He had it out in his truck during one of our MN winter days and we had to warm it and the batteries up for it to work... He has the weapons mount, and preasure switch on it... Just playing with the thing made my pants feal tighter.. I wish I could afford to buy it from him, and he even afford to cut me an awsome deal on it..

This leads me to the ND3... Go to play with one @ one of our local store... Looked like a preaty decent light, however I would like to be able to play with one in the field to see how it realy performs. I guess I could have asked what the return police is if I don't like it... hate to spend $300 on it and find out it sucks.. pluss now I see they have a ND3x50 out.. 120% more light @ 100 yards and it only costs $599.00..

Someone here buy one and give us an AAR.

Link Posted: 6/16/2010 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you're misreading.  They want $5,999.00 for it, not $599.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think you're misreading. They want $5,999.00 for it, not $599.

~Augee

I am well aware that Glare Mout is $5999.99.... However I was talking about the ND3x50 which is 599.99.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 5:25:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been reading up on the ND 3 myself. Most reviews seem to be good on it but there are some negatives that make sense when you read them too. Apparently, the fact that it's not infrared makes it possible to spook hogs, coyotes, etc. If that's true, it could defeat the whole purpose. I'm still reading up on it. It is pricey though. It seems to have it going on when it comes to beam adjustability. I haven't seen any of it's competition. In other words, I don't think there is any in it's price range or at least I'm not aware of any. Still checking it out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been reading up on the ND 3 myself. Most reviews seem to be good on it but there are some negatives that make sense when you read them too. Apparently, the fact that it's not infrared makes it possible to spook hogs, coyotes, etc. If that's true, it could defeat the whole purpose. I'm still reading up on it. It is pricey though. It seems to have it going on when it comes to beam adjustability. I haven't seen any of it's competition. In other words, I don't think there is any in it's price range or at least I'm not aware of any. Still checking it out.

Do you plan on using night vision in order to see the IR light?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you plan on using night vision in order to see the IR light?
No. I figured that this would be a "poor man's" night vision alternative. I don't think the light that it put's out is infrared.?

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
hope somebody who has one comes along and reviews it for us, I need one to take out the rapidly growing hog population.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I got one today, I put it on a Nikon 4-12x40, on a Rem 700 VTR to try it out, the mount feels cheap and the adjustment was very hard to attain alignment.  The laser is better than expected, I went out tonight and with the cloud cover it was very dark. I had visible shooting light at a little over 300yrds. I think i will find a better mount, and I will let you know more detail on how it works later.  I may forget to post an update and if you have any questions feel free to IM me.

I may have been able to get a more useable distance but I didnt have time to set down and mess with it, BIL's were wanting to check it out for themselves...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top