Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:03:18 PM EDT
Is this an outdated system? Are there other products that are superior/comparable and come in a smaller package?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is this an outdated system? Are there other products that are superior/comparable and come in a smaller package?

I don't know about commercial models that are better, but the PEQ-2 is the .mil current best issue (special units probably have higher speed COTS stuff).

FWIW I use one here in the box and it rocks out, very effective in real combat.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might want to take a look here to get a good flavor for whats out there.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=235434  The Atiila comes to mind as a superior product with a much more robust body housing. The next item is the DBAL-A (Sqaured), you can see that here...
img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/DBAL/DBALA_0013.jpg

I am about to publish an in depth review of this system I've been working with since late last year.  A great small 30mW IR illuminator/Laser with vis. laser.  Hope this helps,

Vic

Thank you, that is what I was looking for. Now to find a way of purchasing it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The Atilla-200 is going to cost some serious cash.  However; it is superior to the PEQ2A.  The built in ARMS mounts, and the selectable intensity adjustments of the Atilla are really nice.  The focus on the illuminator is click adjustable with the Atilla vs. the smooth adjustment of the PEQ2A.  If you find an Atilla for sale, buy it, you won't be dissapointed.  It also does not requre a special low profile mount to see your BUIS.  However you will see I am selling a mint PEQ2A below:

Funtogun

Selling PEQ-2A package:

PEQ-2A and matching Bore Laser
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Just FYI for the curious, the going price for the ATILLA is $1425.65
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
PEQ-2 is ok. very simple.  only drawback is the time for mounting it on the hand guard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top