Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT
Hey folks, this is gonna sound probably dumb but since i've never actually spent much time handling them i gotta ask.

I use my grip more as a brace than anything, it's all hte way up on my M4profile rail. It's perfect because i stick my hand behind it and it give me like a perfect hold..

With the surefire grip/light it looks pretty long in the pics.... How far back would the actual grip part have to come back? Or does the light part not sit ontop of the rest of the piece? like it could actually stick forward a little bit?

I hope this makes sense... it at least does in my head.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:01:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 6:04:29 AM EDT by Duffy]
Maybe a picture is worth a thousand words (too lazy to type them ) This pic shows a tan M900 with IR nav lights, its tan color contrasts nicely with the black rifle so you can maybe find your answers there...

Another one in black, this one has red nav lights.

The grip itself is pretty long, I hold it with the index finger pointing forward so I only have three fingers wrapped around the grip. It's very steady, in prone I sometimes use it as a monopod.
You can mount the M900 all the way towards the mag well, to the point you may have problems breaking open the upper (mag well will hit the grip if it's too close).
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
pictures are very helpful
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 9:12:51 PM EDT by EntryTac]
I think when you say "all the way up" you're saying you put the grip as far forward on the fore end rails as possible, right? Either way, the Surefire M900A vert grip/light will mount anywhere on the length of the rails. I just messed around with mine and it will work with the rear "bolt" in the last rail slot toward the mag well. It will also mount all the way forward with the front "bolt" in the last rail slot toward the muzzle. The only part of the assembly that touches the rails is the part where the two bolts with thumb knobs attach it to the rail. As long as you put both bolts in a slot you can put it where ever you want without worries. So the answer to your question is that the M900 will mount very close to either end of the rail, so you should be good to go. Note: You may have clearance issues between the bottom sling attachment loop and the LED housings in some positions. I removed my bottom sling att. loop and now have no clearance issues with the M900 mounted anywhere along the rail.
Top Top