Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:38:25 PM EDT
I ordered this, now I have second thoughts about it. Does anyone else have this for their Surefire? Did I waste my money?

My main concern was to provide secondary protection to flashlight lens window

Beamshaper for flashlights with 1.62" diameter bezel

The FM14 Beamshaper converts the focused high-output beam of a SureFire flashlight to a softly diffused wide-angle beam for closer range, non-tactical applications. Applying thumb pressure to the locking tab releases the cover; a spring mechanism keeps the open cover out of the way by holding it flat against the flashlight. A cam-locking lever keeps the entire unit securely attached to the flashlight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's actually an excellent addition, especially for indoor applications.  The beamshapers help diffuse the intense hotspot and work well to reduce the blinding reflections from glass & white walls.  They also work well on LED heads such as the KL1 & KL3 by broadening the beam.

Good point, thanks..................
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How does the beamshaper works mechanically?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Good for indoors use, I have one the 6P I keep by the bed...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
 I just bought a Surefire M96 series that hasn't even come in the mail yet.  I figured 125 lumens will be too bright for indoors, but I wanted one that I could use inside and out, so I took it.  This lense cover will probably be something I'll need.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 I just bought a Surefire M96 series that hasn't even come in the mail yet.  I figured 125 lumens will be too bright for indoors, but I wanted one that I could use inside and out, so I took it.  This lense cover will probably be something I'll need.

Actually, the 125 is perfect for indoors.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the 125 is perfect for indoors.

Yes, I see that now.  Doesn't seem that much brighter than my 60 lumen Surefire.  I guess it is better for the 225 lumens.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Never too bright for indoors as long as it's not "Your Eyes" that see the "White Light" befor hearing the "Bang".

Tack
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top