Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT
I recently picked up a TL-3 Lithium in a Trade, It is NIB and I havent decided if I will take it out yet. DOes anyone know how the quality of it is? DO LED's make decent weaponmounted light's.
What is the diameter of the TL-3

Any knowledge would be apprecieated...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:58 PM EDT
See for dimensions:
www.streamlight.com/tl2l3w.htm

Probably would work as a low end light. I prefer the Inova.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:40:40 PM EDT by twonami]
mine sits in the glovebox so I don't know anything about it for a weapon light but my Surefire X200 is brighter even though the lumens rating is higher on the TL3
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
I've got a TL-3 LED. It was sent to me as a mistake, but since I got a $100 flashlight for less than $50, I decided to keep it. It has a larger corona and more overall output than my Inova T3, but shorter throw. I think the focusing head is useless. I keep it on the tightest focus.

I ordered the shock-proof incandescent lamp assembly (which drops right in by the way) and it is unbelievably bright. 211 lumens for one hour, I believe. Now it's mounted to my AR, with the LED lamp assembly stored in the foregrip as a spare. I'm pretty happy with the setup. It's a little under 1" diameter, so you'll have to use a spacer of some sort. I made one out of plastic and it hasn't budged. If you got a good deal in the trade, keep it. Order the shockproof incandescent lamp assembly and you've got a pretty flexible setup for not too much money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:48:29 AM EDT
I have all the Streamlight TL series lights. They are excellent lights for the money, almost twice as bright as many similar sized lights and the incadescent version has a spare bulb in the bezel. The only issue with the TL series is that a pressure switch is not yet available. The older versions have a very recessed rubber push button, which can make it difficult to press easily while holding a pistol or mounted on a weapon. The newer version has a plastic exposed convex shaped button which works better for that purpose. The LED versions do not have nearly as much throw as a conventional incandescent bulb and the light emitted has a bluish tint. A conventional incandescent bulb can produce a brighter/ whiter light making it easier clearly identify a target. Some of the newest LED weapons lights probably have overcome this but I don't have any experience with others yet. For that reason, if I had the choice I would go with a good conventional incandescent light. Don't get me wrong, the LED TL3 is an excellent light, but if you compare the beams throw with a standard weapons light at a distance you will see the difference.

Full-Auto
Top Top