Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:39:42 PM EDT
I've got an M6 'Tactical Laser Illuminator' that I originally bought for a pistol but decided against it and now I'm thinking of putting it on my Bushy along with the pressure switch on a vertical front grip. Unfortunately this is all I can afford at this moment!! Any help/criticism/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:59:57 PM EDT
I do not like the M3/M6 lights, especially the rocker switch. I have heard from enough people with wandering zero on the M6 to steer clear from that as well. The new M3X and M6X seem much more robust. If you dont NEED a laser Id rather go with a better dedicated weapon light like a Pentagon and pocket the spare money off the sale of the M6. Why do you NEED the laser?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:52:32 PM EDT
I had my M6 on my M4 for a while, works just fine. I eventually got a real light on a proper mount (Pentagon X3), and just do without the laser.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:14:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theJrod:
I had my M6 on my M4 for a while, works just fine. I eventually got a real light on a proper mount (Pentagon X3), and just do without the laser.

Is the proper mount the barrel mount sold by pentagon? If not, what is it and where did you get it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:51:02 AM EDT
I used the Viking mount. Got it from NWTactical/"Teknic" on the forums.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:40:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 10:40:49 PM EDT by pvtmontana]
Why the Laser?

Cause I work for a small-town Police Department that is trying to get the city council to allow us officers to carry our own AR-style rifles as patrol carbines in the cars on duty!! It's less expensive for the department that way!! I think the laser would prove to be beneficial in the long run in Law Enforcement!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:34:03 PM EDT
I've been using an M3 (no laser) on my carbine for three years without a single problem.
I switched to the shotgun switch, which has a rather long telephone-type cord, when I added my vertical foregrip (ARMS #23). The only downside is the extra cord, which I wrap around the grip at the top. Still on the same bulb after 3,000rnds, so I don't see a problem. The M3X is shock-absorbed and peaks at 90 lumens, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:53:39 PM EDT
Here is a pic for ya, not that great of one sorry, I got to get some more this weekend.

I'll get ya a better pick of it. It works OK, but you have to watch it on some rails though because it won't fit tight enough(on the old C-more quad rail it was lose as hell) it's almost tight enough on the YHM that I have it on, but if I want it good and tight I use a small piece of bike innertube between the rial and the base of the light. A pic of that would explain it better(I'll try and get one this weekend I have to re shoot a bunch of stuff anyway).

As far as how it's "sighted" I'll have to explain that when i have more time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:07:26 PM EDT
Here's mine:

Top Top