Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:40:00 AM EDT
I got the two battery model with arms mount for my HK94...

I've got the surefire handguard, and gonne be using teh tango down panel with the switch in a cutout (not a VFG guy here)...

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That's kind of wierd. You have to press that tiny button to activate the light?? I'd rather have the standard tape with plenty of activation area.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's kind of wierd. You have to press that tiny button to activate the light?? I'd rather have the standard tape with plenty of activation area.

depends where you put it.  IF you're a vfg guy then fine.  I ain't.  I find my arm just tires out with no sling and a vfg.

I put my tape switches (generally) at 10 oclock BETWEEN the panels or ladders and it's perfect with a traditional rifle hold (and the panels hold the pad in even), BUT a pain in the ass to hold down in that position.

So this is perfect for me.  :-)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks pretty cool but isn't it too thick to slide into the pressure pad cut-out on the TD vertical grip?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've got the surefire handguard, and gonne be using teh tango down panel with the switch in a cutout (not a VFG guy here)...

i1.tinypic.com/nfpehc.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/nfpf6r.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/nfpfex.jpg

Since you're not a VFG guy, What advantage does the the rail + the light + the ARMS mount + the small button offer you over the Surefire 628 forend? Complexity + weight + bulk + expense?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i1.tinypic.com/nfpehc.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/nfpf6r.jpg
i1.tinypic.com/nfpfex.jpg

Since you're not a VFG guy, What advantage does the the rail + the light + the ARMS mount + the small button offer you over the Surefire 628 forend? Complexity + weight + bulk + expense?

just versatility I guess.  I can use this one light setup on all my railed foreends cause they're all configured the same.  that's the benifit of ANY lever acecsory no?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
1. Will it work on a Pelican? I hear the other Pentagon tape switch will
2. Will it fit on a CQD tape switch slot?
3. Where to find?
Thanks much
Don
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi, I have been trying to get one of these switches from Pentagon for months and they don't have any at this time. Anyone have one for sale? E-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Not to sound less then enthused, but I don't see this switch as being anything that great

Two separate points to activate (talk about the opposite of KISS)
The buttons are tiny(Opps, I missed the on/off or Oops I hit the wrong one)
Switch housing is pretty thick.

I'm glad your happy with the set up, but I think it's far from Ideal or from "Kickin Ass"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not to sound less then enthused, but I don't see this switch as being anything that great

Two separate points to activate (talk about the opposite of KISS)
The buttons are tiny(Opps, I missed the on/off or Oops I hit the wrong one)
Switch housing is pretty thick.

I'm glad your happy with the set up, but I think it's far from Ideal or from "Kickin Ass"

You tried it yet?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't need to... the pic's were enough for me to gauge how it will work.... I know that sounds kinda smartass ish.. but it's not meant to . It just does not strike me as a design I would like based solely on it's visual appearance and my own experiences with lights and switches
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I used to own an HK-94. If you have a 16" bbl (no SBR) and put one of the fake cans on to cover the skinny bbl sticking out, you have to use and offset adaptor because the light will hit the bbl otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to own an HK-94. If you have a 16" bbl (no SBR) and put one of the fake cans on to cover the skinny bbl sticking out, you have to use and offset adaptor because the light will hit the bbl otherwise.

that's how mine originally was and nooooooo thanks.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top