Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:46:50 PM EDT
Any one had any experiance with these?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:57:43 PM EDT
I got one a couple of weeks ago and mounted it on a standard carbine forearm using the rail piece that was included. The mount is a little bulky, but does allow for a quick change of lights (if you have another tl-3 or tl-2). I mounted the light at the 8 o'clock position and can use my thumb on the push switch. I'm thinking of getting the tape switch sometime.

The only problem was that the thumb screw which holds it to the rail loosened up after about 50 rounds. A little loctite will take care of that.

I paid $115 at a local store.

P.S. - it comes in either green or black.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 3:57:22 PM EDT by OKLA-LAWMAN]
I got one off of ebay for $80. It is going on my 870 remington. The light mount is bulky. It is nicely designed though for quick changes. I have been running an TL-3 for over a year on my Ar using the viking offset mount and love the light. As one other poster previously noted the shock isolated bublb does not focus quite as sharp but it still will out throw a stinger hp. Personally the Thunder ranch is a great package. Nothing close can touch it for the money. I found a place on teh net that has the remote switches for $28. You can also convert it to rechargables.

You might want to check put this link..http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=262848
Top Top