Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:08:41 AM EDT
Ok well I have actually gotten information overload after reading through all the info in the brightflashlights industry forum.

I want an economical light to install on my AR but can't decide which one to go with.   I cant decide which of the following I should go with.   I really want a high lumen output of atleast 100 lumens.   But the pentagon L2 has benefits with the LED that may make it worth only having 65 lumens.

so here is what I am tring to decide between

G2 with Z32 s.i. bezel and p61 lamp for 120 lumens

Pentagon Lights

X3
or L2

I also don't really like forward vertical grips so recomendations on mounting with a clicky cap is appricated also.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet would be the pentagon X3; it is brighter, has better throw and better runtime than the P61.

The pentagon L2 has been independently tested in an integrating sphere to put out "only" 51 lumens. I would not recommend it as an outdoor rifle light since it just does not have the throw or output to compete with incandescents.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you focus on lumens so much?  Are you looking for a large spot or more throw?  A P61 does not have more throw than a P60 lamp just a larger spot.  It will in no way give you the throw of a 125 lumen Surefire 9V light or Pentagon X3. Not even close.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for replies everyone and the info on lumens.  I was thinking bigger = better as it apears its not that simple.  

As for my setup I have a LaRue 9.0 that I will be mounting it on with no vertical grip at this time.    If there is a way to use it without a vertical grip and with a clicky end cap instead of pressure switch thats my prefered idea but I haven't figured that out yet.  So I may have to go with a Tango Down Vert grip unless you have suggestions.  Thanks again for the help BrightFlashlights .
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top