Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:36:59 AM EDT
Should I go with a L4 w/ larue light mount or gladius w/ larue light mount?

I like the L4 for being light and compact and cheaper than the gladius. But the gladius has a more powerful light output and longer runtime though it is bulky and heavy.

Here are some info I have gathered

L4 3.4oz  65 lumens  60 min runtime at full power
Gladius  5.55oz  80+ lumens  90 min runtime at full power

Price difference is around $70 more expensive for the gladius retail, though I can get both below retail.

The question now is which way to go? or do I wait for the new Larue battlelight?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I went Gladius and will be buying the Larue mount.  If I remember correctly the L4 is a 5 watt LED and has a short range like 25 yards.  My Gladius is good to about 50, has a low level for nav light use and has the strobe and low battery alert.  The 2oz is worth it if you want the range IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What is your intent for the use of the light?  Let the mission dictate the gear.  A Gladius is a very good tool for entries (enclosed structures) and marginal distances.  I love mine as a handheld, but carry a Surefire M3 with the MN11 bulb for outside work.  If you want it for the cool factor, that's a personal preference.  I've met and talked in depth with the creator of the Gladius, Ken Good of Strategos, and I'm now a loyal follower of their (with Blackhawk) product line.  Several other officers I work with deploy them daily, and it is an impressive site to see when properly used...I'm still learning and probably always will be.  I guess this is a little off topic on an AR-15 forum.  There is a great forum with info. on the Gladius as www.strategosinternational.com.  Although if I remember right you have to have attended their class to get a password due to some info. being considered LE and Military sensitive.  I've attended a class, but never posted there.  I am off my tangent now and appologize if I've hijacked this thread.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top