Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:29:28 PM EDT
Does anybody have any feedback on the Pentagon Tail Cap Switch with a Surefire G2?  

Will the G2 last long on an AR15, not battery life, but bulb life with vibration?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The Pentagon will work. Many different thoughts on the bulb issue, to be safe, get the shock isolated bezel.
Either GandRtactical or Brightflashlights has everything you need.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Just checked it out(GR tactical).  Looks good.  With regular handguards what would be a good way to mount the tape switch?  I hear the velcro just gets gunky and eventually falls off once the handguards heat up.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just checked it out(GR tactical).  Looks good.  With regular handguards what would be a good way to mount the tape switch?  I hear the velcro just gets gunky and eventually falls off once the handguards heat up.  

Instead of Velcro try using a piece of bike inner tube that fits snug and holds the switch in place but not too tight that it accidentally activates the light. Or, drop the whole tape switch idea and mount your light like I have mine mounted below on my CAR.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.  Im gonna go grab an inner tube and try that out.  Thats why I love this place, someone always has an idea....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  Im gonna go grab an inner tube and try that out.  Thats why I love this place, someone always has an idea....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the velcro strap.  I have the strap around my HG and the switch is then velcro'd (sticky vecro to back of tape switch) to the outside of the strap.  Holds firm and can be taken off if need be quickly and cleanly.  I'll do pics later at home if I can tonight.  But looks similar to the above.  IMHO looks better than the inner tube and is easily removed/installed.

I have the Pentagon switch - it is the best for the money.  Better than the $80 surefire.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to seeing those pictures.  I like the idea better than the tube but I will try both.  If anybody has pics with their pressure switches mounted to VFG or handguards post them.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The tape switch that Brightflashlights provides comes with a rubber inner tube type band.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I will have to look at that, thanks.

Do most prefer curly or straight wire?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the pic.  It is on with velcro.  Does not look it - but it is very secure on there.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Where did you get the velcro loop from that goes around your handguard?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Where did you get the velcro loop from that goes around your handguard?

Cannot remember where it came from - but poof it was in my parts box so I used it.  You could try making one from material at a craft store (you know the place where Colt owners shop often).
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool, thanks.  I will check around my tool box and junk drawer, I might have something...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top