Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 9:36:33 PM EDT
Can somebody explain the differences between these 3 streamlights for me?

thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 11:45:37 PM EDT by DevL]
M3 is not water proof and IMO the lowest end junk pistol light you can buy. The switching is plastic and gets rubbery with extended use. Talked to a guy with a Glock who asked me how I liked the X200 and showed me his M3 which would bend the switches 45 degrees like a rubber bananna and had cracks formed in the plastic. Said his other already had a lever break off. I would never buy this light. If you gave me one for free I would sell it.

M3X is larger, waterproof, WAY brighter than the M3 and is just all around a way better product than the M3. This is a VERY bright pistol light and I had a hard time choosing between this one and the X200 because it blows the X200 out of the water on output. The X200 was aluminum and Insight/Streamlight handgun lights are all plastic. X200 uses LED and Insight uses regular incan bulbs. X200 is smaller and lighter and had push to front temp switching so I went X200.

M3X Rifle has a different backplate that has a switch off to the side instead of the dual toggle lever and a hole to put in the remote pressure pad swtich. Also you use 1913 type interface instead of Glock style interface. Other than that it is identical.
Top Top