Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:14:39 PM EDT
Due to my particular weapon configuration, I really need a drop mount for my PL MS3X, which uses the ARMS 17S mount.  Larue makes a replacement for the Surefire Millenium lights, but they use a standard ARMS 17, which is longer.  So that particular mount won't work on my PL MS3X.

Here is a pic:

I can reach the push button, but it is a stretch.  I do have a coiled pressure pad I could use too, but I'd rather not.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Look where your button is in relation to the R rail, and look where mine is:

The LaRue is totally adjustable by reversing the direction of the brackets.   And totally adjustable means totally cool (try that with an Arms lever).  There's even a long straight bracket a few inches long (not shown in my pic) that can offset it forward/back in relation to where the locking lever is.   I don't see how it wouldn't work on yours, but its probably nothing that drilling one more hole can't fix.  We're not talking about MOA optics.

Grant's website has lots of good photos of the LT lamp mount, and Grant is totally cool too!
www.gandrtactical.com/grlights.htm
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Kisara.  I thought the mounting holes had different spacing between the 17 and 17S.  But I bet I could drill a hole....

I do have a 17 and 17S on the rifle, maybe I'll compare the spacing....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As an FYI, I HAD in my possesion a couple LT Pentagon offset mounts. So LT has already made them, but they are not for sale currently (maybe they will start making them once they get caught back up).

C4

www.GRTactical.com

If they made them once, I'm sure they'll make them again!  Should I email them and say I would like one, just so they know there is demand for it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top