Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:08:56 PM EDT
Anyone know a good tac-sling for use with the Surefire M500?  

I had a quick three-point harness, but it won't work with the M500... the forward end of it won't wrap around the foregrip...

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
use a one point?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The 500 doesn't have the LED's. The 500 series is the dedicated handguard version.

Look at Specter (formerly CQB Solutions) http://www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm or the Cross shoulder transitions sling.  Actually the demo video they show is on an AR with the M500.  But it's using a side sling adapter which would be your best bet with any sling IMO.  It also has a front mount that is adjustable and should be able to fit around your handguard.

The SpecOps Sling 101 would work, but it's a pain in the ass to set up.  It's just a long strap with a loop and like four slides that you use to make it into a three point sling.

A side sling swivel and any sling that can attach to one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am familiar with the model. but you are mistaken, the Surefire M500 absolutely does have LED's. At least all the ones made from about 2002. An exception to this would be if you have one or have seen an older model which lacked LED's.

My mistake. My apologies.  There are three versions depending on the specific AR.  The M500 for the M4has them, the 510 for AR's with the circular handguard cap does, but the one for the M16 doesn't (??? This is from the 2005 catalog so maybe it's a misprint), and the M511 for the triangular handguard cap doesn't.

In that case, I'd suggest using a side sling adapter and a sling that will work with it. The Specter and Spec-Ops will work with side sling adapters, and will actually work better with one than wrapping it around the front grip anyway.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the input.  This particular M500 does have the LED's (it's a newer one), but I've heard side-sling adapters have been known to break the LED housing.  I'll check out the single points.

I know this is probably a topic for a thread in a different area, but as a quick question: are single point slings as secure and easy to use as three points?  No one I've met uses one... but then again, I'm the only one running around in the immediate area with a M500 at the moment...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I found out the same thing when I mounted my Surefire. I ended up bending my front sling mount just enough to clear the LED housing and it works great.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a pic with the side mounted sling  blocking the LED's?  On the 6920, the sidesling mount
seems low enough...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
If you are talking about the one that hooks onto the barrel under the front sight tower that is the one that I was talking about when I said I bent it. I don't have a pic right now, I just took it off the gun and bent it out until I found the right fit.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top