Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:02:22 PM EDT
I am waiting on my RRA Elite Tach. to get in I saw the M-3X on here with a remote tape switch so I also order it. I wanted to put it on my RRA. I like how lite it is 4 oz.

Does any one run this light it has 125 lum how is the through on it? Does it hold up well?

Thanks any imput would help.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running the M3X mounted to my SIR foregrip rail at the 9 o'clock position.   I shoot righty, so my support hand thumb index's the rocker switch.  I like the light very much.  The throw is enough to identify targets from out to 40 - 50 yards max.   For anything more than that, I'd switch to a Surefire 3 cell.

The best thing I can say about it is that its versatility is its greatest feature.  I can switch it from my AR to my Sig P226R in a snap, and its more than up to home defense duties.  The price is right too.

J223...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I order the one for long guns so I think I will have to buy a new back plate to switch to my xd pistol.

I was hoping the throw would be a little longer.

Have a good one
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The Army was running M3Xs all over Northern Iraq with the 101st when I was there.  That was the first time I had seen the 'X' model, or the tape switch.

~Doug
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Doug

What did you think of them from what you saw in Iraq. Did they hold up and work well for the 101st?

Thanks for you service in Iraq.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top