Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2003 4:11:16 AM EDT
I have an older Surefire 9N (apparently no longer in production).

It seems that the 9AN model has replaced the 9N and, according to the Surefire website, the 9AN takes the B90 rechargeable battery.

The rechargeable battery in my 9N is marked B92.

Can anyone tell me if the B90 is the same as the B92?  Will the B90 fit in the 9N?

It appears to be the same light but I don't want to assume.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an older Surefire 9N (apparently no longer in production).

It seems that the 9AN model has replaced the 9N and, according to the Surefire website, the 9AN takes the B90 rechargeable battery.

The rechargeable battery in my 9N is marked B92.

Can anyone tell me if the B90 is the same as the B92?  Will the B90 fit in the 9N?

It appears to be the same light but I don't want to assume.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
View Quote

My understanding is that they are interchangeable. The 9N (I have one too) and the newer 9AN take the same replacement bulb, so it would make sense that the batteries are the same. I just ordered a B90 as a spare for mine so when it gets here I'll know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok the b90 will fit the 9n.
The the b92 was made to fix a problem that the early b90 batteries had of shorting out.  The problem was fixed so they no longer need the b92.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Time to order the new battery.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The B90 differs from the B92 because the B90 has both a positive and negative contact at the positive end of the battery stick. This is intended for the X80 Lamp Assembly in the 8X/8AX/8NX (and the N5 TurboHead Lamp Assembly in the T5 and KT5)

The 9N/9AN can use either the B90 or B92.

The B92 does not work in the 8X/8AX/8NX.

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top