BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2003 11:20:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll bite!

I don't have any firearms, experience with them or anything but I do have a TigerLight FBOP (8") [non-spray] version.

It's heavy, solid, compact, crude, bright - very good investment for £100 even though I don't have a UK AC powersupply to charge the thing.
It's everything the waste of my money UltraStinger should have been but it is not a patch on the M1000 that SureFire never released.

Now I like the TigerLight.
It's fixed focused (the UltraStinger can easily defocus)
It's switch is at the right end of the body (the rear end) although it's not got a rear "tailcap" switch like SureFires which is a pain for a hardcore SureFire user like myself.
It's got a solid, secure charging interface (unlike the UltraStinger)
It's got a great battery pack that holds charge and maintains great quality output (in much the same way the the SureFire 10X)
It's compact (unlike the UltraStinger). The 8" TigerLight is as close to a rechargeable SureFire M6 as is possible with a released product.
It's beam has intense throw and good spill. It is no M6 in terms of light output though but in use (because I use them for different tasks) the TigerLight output is impressive. Think new MagCharger in a smaller package.

I get the impression (perhaps wrongly) that putting a TigerLight on a firearm is like attaching a brick to it. I guess that's why TigerLight are keen to promote this body transport thing for it?
Personally, the TigerLight 8" is at home in my BlackHawk M6 pouch on my belt (the SOE M6 pouch that I hope to get soon should also work)

The TigerLight has a thick rubber "ring" that buffers the Lamp/reflector from the battery pack. I have not yet had the chance to be convinced this is a reliable shock isolation for weapon recoil.

All said, get the TigerLight as a flashlight instead of a MagCharger, UltraStinger, SL35X, SL20 etc etc... It's great dutylight or even as rechargeable light to have around like I have it for.
Get a SureFire WeaponLight for your weapon.

Al
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't help but noticing the guy in QuickTime movie has a magazine, pointed at the camera, and his finger inside the trigger guard the whole time [xx(]  Who taught him firearms safety?  He'd get an F if I graded him.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top