Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2003 6:38:19 AM EDT
I've got a KAC RAS FF enroute and one of the older style black Surefire weapons lights.

I don't see the need to go out and spend over $200 on one of the new Surefire lights when I already have one, so the new Millinium light with intigrated mount is out of the question at this point in time.  

I have a RIS with the KAC flashlight mount / Surefire combo that has worked fine for me for the last 5 years.  But I have been told by a couple of reliable sources that the KAC mount has had a high rate of failure, so I'm not looking at that option.

This is going to be SWAT / Duty carbine, so I want something that is reliable.  What option do I have to mount a Surefire weaponlight to a RAS?

Thanks for looking

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
How does the KAC mount fail?  I just put a 6P in one on my new RAS II, and it seems solid as a rock.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive had one KAC mount break and have seen another crack across the center retaining portion.  If they beefed it up a little bit, it'd be an excellent mount.  Others have used it with no problem
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
A 1" Weaver ring works, and you can use two for redundancy.  Simple and cheap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ive had one KAC mount break and have seen another crack across the center retaining portion.  If they beefed it up a little bit, it'd be an excellent mount.  Others have used it with no problem
View Quote

I was about to buy one to replace a cheap 1" ring that I use. It works great, but I was looking for an alternative. Maybe I'll stick with my current mount. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was about to buy one to replace a cheap 1" ring that I use. It works great, but I was looking for an alternative. Maybe I'll stick with my current mount. Thanks for the heads up.

Steve.
View Quote

Tried cheap rings.  They suck.  Tried the Fubar/Samco plastic thingamabob.  It really sucks.  Tried the WFM mount.  It is great.  It is also NSN and an issue item.  Mounting options abound anywhere you have rails.  It is solid as an anvil and versatile if you want to put anything else in it (laser).  You simply cannot go wrong with this piece of gear.  Well made, well engineered, well thought out.  Nope, I don't own stock nor am I affiliated with these guys, but I own their mount and it rocks.
[url]https://trgear.commercestreet.com/Storefront/store/category.asp?catcode=62[/url]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top