Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 7:57:26 AM EDT
IM TRYING TO FIND THE BEST AMMO THAT WILL SHOOT THE TIGHTEST GROUP FOR MY VARMITER. I HAVE TRIED A FEW INCLUDING FEDERAL NOSLER BALLISTIC 55 GRAIN. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS SO IM NOT SPENDING TWENTY DOLLARS A BOX .
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#1]
With each rifle being different and what shoots well in one not necessarily shooting well in all, the best accurate round for your rifle will be the round you reload for it, specifically.

Suggest ya go to [url]www.ammoman.com[/url], go for one of his mix/match 5 box deals and make sure to get the Fed GM 69 grn. SMK rounds, for they MAY be the ticket for ya. You can get several other brands and try them, too, but stay away from the 80 grn. "throated" barrel rounds, which are probably too heavy for your (1/9 ??, ya didn't say, and should so suggestions will fit your particular twist rate) rifle.

Welcome to the site,[:)]
Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with the guys in the ammo forum.

But it really is mosly a matter of trial and error.
Some ARs will eat anything, but some are very picky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wrong forum.

This gun will mostly likely outshoot you using any standard ammunition.

Start off with Federal American Eagle, then work up to more expensive stuff.

I'd also give [url]www.georgia-arms.com[/url] a try.  Great remanufactured ammo for good prices

all depends on how tight you can really shoot.

"rolling your own" - reloading, would give you the most accurate rounds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
THANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO, I REALIZED I WAS IN THE WRONG FORUM AFTER I CLICKED THE SEND BUTTON. I WILL GET USED TO THIS COMPUTER SOMEDAY
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tip #2 - turn off the caps lock key.  On the Net, it's equivalent to YELLING!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
check
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top