Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 3:50:14 PM EDT
I got the email from Surefire about their LED L4 with 65 lumens and 1 hour run time.  So how does that differ from their standard light with same lumen and run time?

I went to their website to find out more about the advantages of LED over standard filament.  I didn't see anything that explained practical advantages or benefits of LED over standard.

Would anyone give me a reason why I should shell out $160 for LED vs. $85 for a standard light with the same output and run time? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
LEDs wont burn out and are not as delicate.  The big problem with a filament light is it can be broken by recoil and it can burn out after about 10 sets of batteries.  This wont happen to an LED based light.  This technology will be incorporated in the next generation Surefire pistol lights.  An LED produces a whiter and slightly more diffused beam too.  Here is s link showing the difference in lighting. [url] http://members.aol.com/qn9513/myhomepage/flashlightl4.html[/url] Note there is supposed to be a 9V Luxeon coming out that is even brighter than this...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top