Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2003 6:47:47 AM EDT
I'm a relative AR newbie that is trying to put the finishing touches on my first M4gery. Seeing as most of the pics I've seen of M4s in combat have the AN-PEQ 2 mounted,I was wondering if these can be purchased by civilians?

If not, does anyone know of a look-alike product, or even a replica or dummy (airsoft, etc)that I could use just to complete the look? Thanks.

Will
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:46:40 AM EDT
No, FDA ban all sales of IR laser to civilians about two years ago. You might be able to find the Russian version called Corsak. it has only a 5nm laser vs. the 105nm put out by the industry leaders.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:28:49 PM EDT
Thanks again, SMGLee, you really know your stuff! I saw what looked like an AN-PEQ2 on a pic of one of LarryG36's recent posts about painting M4s in the general "AR Discussion" chat rooms. I haven't heard back from him yet on what it is, but maybe it's a Corsak? Do you know if a Corsak looks like anything like the AN-PEQ2, or if it will mount to a RAS? Thanks again for all your help. Will
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:40:07 PM EDT
Look pretty crude, it is an approximately 1x5 inch like tube you can mount to a RAS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:13:59 PM EDT
Corsak looks nothing like the Peq-2. You won't be happy if it's the look your after! You'd be better served by the laser devices OTAL though it's a visible laser it is probably the closest looking thing you'll get to the peq2 without paying $1,000+ bills! OTAL doesnt look all that much like a peq either but moreso than a Corsak. Hey SMGLee, you getting my emails?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:41:21 PM EDT
where can you buy a otal laser
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
www.laserdevices.com/ There ya go! They have other mountable laser systems as well. The OTAL is an offset mountable system. ITAL is inline! There are pics on a board members site here..... www.militarymorons.com.weapons/weapons.1.html He has one mounted on an M4. Quite nice looking! I have never handled one myself but have been told good things!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:27:35 PM EDT
ya know I actually hesitiate to do this as it is airsoft but here is a visible laser that "looks like" a PAQ 4 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3625277056&category=31681[/url] IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:56:54 PM EDT
WillMunny, Don't give up on the real thing yet. They and others of the IR ilk DO show up from time to time for sale (EE board, eBay, Gunbroker.com, Auction Arms, Subguns.com, Sturmgewehr, etc...) Keep looking, and waiting, and saving - as they are NOT cheap. Only dealers can't sell you one, but they do end up in civilian hands from time to time, and change hands. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:27:37 PM EDT
AK_Mike is right!!! They do show up from time to time, and they are costly. Start planning on spending at least $2,000+ if not far more. Ouch!! Then buy your NOD's at $1,000+! Ouch! I bet your rifle is looking better and better as is eh?[:D] I'd love to have one myself but I bet something new comes through right after I buy one. Man that would suck! Plus if something breaks I am under the impression IT won't fix it for civies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:35:33 AM EDT
I've only seen one AN/PEQ2 ever up for sale. The seller was asking close to $5,000 for it. Infared lasers were not banned, at least were I live. You have to check your local laws. I do know Insight Technologies will not sell them to civilians.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:27:20 AM EDT
So there are some legal Peq2s floating around in civilian hands?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:37:44 AM EDT
I have just seen the one AN/PEQ2 advertised for sale. I never bothered to asked the seller were he got it. The unit was advertised as LNIB with a totally intact serial number.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:29:07 AM EDT
Where did you see it? Out of curiousity?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:54:54 AM EDT
If I had to guess, Sturmgewehr.com as thats where I saw one a couple weeks ago as well. Sold though...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:06:10 AM EDT
The AN/PEQ2 was advertised on both sturmgewehr and subguns.
Top Top