Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 10:48:59 PM EDT
I picked up a lasermax for my 1911. Overall, a pretty slick toy.

I took it out shooting, and had a problem.

the 1911 model is user adjustable. It replaces the factory guide rod, and has 4 set screws to zero. well, either i unscrewed one too far, or it came loose. BANG...BANG....BANG....jam.

One fo the screws was stickign out jsut a bit too far. Snagged the recoil plug and smashed the hex head.

Now i've got a hex type screw that's rounded so i cna't get the hex wrench in there.

Ideas?

I attempted to contact LAsermax 4 different times. Every time i get an answering machine. I've left contact info all times, and brief description. asked if it's covered under warranty, and if not, how much to repair.

a week later, still no response.

This is rediculous. A $300 some dollar laser, that broke on the first outing. Then they refuse to even contact me.

anyone else dealt with Lasermax before? Is shitty customer service standard?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:44:15 AM EDT
I've dealt with them before on Glock and Sig lasers that had no adjustments and came "zeroed" from the factory-yeah sure! None were zeroed and all were off both height and windage wise by several inches at 7 yards. I went through 3 different lasers for one Glock. I no longer own any,nor will I ever buy anything from them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:07:04 PM EDT
I have one for my Sig 226. It was before they offered user adjustments. Mine was quite off. I wrote them a letter, and they responded back that they would be happy to custom zero it to my Sig. I shipped the gun to them and had it back two weeks later. Spot on at 50 feet, per my request. Sorry you had trouble with yours. I suspect the screw backed out on you. Dang!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:43:56 PM EDT
im amazed. I sent in the laser a week or two ago. Sitting on my doorstep is my laser. Fixed. No charge. Im glad everything went well. i mean, they could have done better, but they also could have done a heck of a lot worse. Now i jsut need to find batteries for it. [:P]
Top Top