Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 5:59:00 PM EDT

I'll be getting a Surefire M962SU6 in the near future and I was wondering how many of them will fit in the Vltor carbine battery compartments.

I already have a Battlegrip which will store the AA's for my EOTech so I want to use the Vltor for the Surefire batteries only.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
two on each side if you mount both compartments.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
two on each side if you mount both compartments.
View Quote

Looks like the whole world is designed around 6 volt systems.  Another 3/8" and 3 would fit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
[cuss] I know man... M900's, M962SU are my lights of choice, all of which take 3 batteries. I figure like this I guess. The rifle that has the Vltor also has a Dieter grip. With the two Vltor storage spaces and the two in the Dieter grip, I have 6 extra batteries. But I'd have to access 2 storage untils to replace one set of batteries. Having the Vltor units accept 3 on the carbine units would be nice!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]

IIRC, LarryG36 did a mod on his Vltor battery compartment plugs to fit more batteries.

I believe he just took a bit of material off the plugs.  

If 3/8" is all I need to take off to fit three dl-123 batteries I might give it a try.

I also heard the Vltor will release full length cabine battery compartments.  I hope comes out very soon!

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top