Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2003 7:52:06 AM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Here's the setup I've gotten from Bright Flashlights

(note - I substituted my 6P and carry the G2, though I may switch back to the lighter G2 - I used the 6P since it's aluminum, like the Z32 bezel)

I also switched to the brighter P61 bulb

Fobus handguards are available for additional charge.

I trimmed the rubber rail cover on the bottom to accomodate the light mount.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:12:33 AM EDT
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:59:00 AM EDT
Very nice setup Fight4yourrights, clean looking install. Does the Fobus light mount fit tighly on the rails, I am guessing it did. Looks great. Fritze Out
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:03:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Fritze: Does the Fobus light mount fit tighly on the rails, I am guessing it did.
View Quote
Yes. Quality parts. Good fit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:40:06 PM EDT
I almost went with a Fobus mount, but realized I could do it cheaper and with less space taken up by using a low mount 1" scope ring.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:50:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2003 6:51:08 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Originally Posted By JayCeeNC: I almost went with a Fobus mount, but realized I could do it cheaper and with less space taken up by using a low mount 1" scope ring.
View Quote
I used to have the same setup. I like the Fobus better. I think it's a lot sturdier, and the alignment is automatic. Here's what I had before: [img]http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nJwAAANcL8b*DJhDxWECGEtSI*VudqI7nlYIMEH5ocl3U­KKCDm0HI1FL6FtIBjn5AcyQU6GvqF7w[/img]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:42:17 PM EDT
Jeez, I had a pair of $50.00 Leupold QRW rings on mine at first, the First Samco was a deal in comparison,lol. Fritze Out
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:04:35 AM EDT
Fight4, I think my rings were a little sturdier. It works for me. [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/newarfrontgrip.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:14:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 9:29:22 AM EDT by BrightFlashlights]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 10:13:43 AM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Originally Posted By BrightFlashlights: One of the benefits of the FAS2 is the simple, quick push button release, but hey, whatever works & suits your needs (or your budget) is what's most important.
View Quote
Yep, that's one nice feature I was going to mention
BTW, I noticed Paul (FFYR) seperated the M33 hanguard set by using a traditional top CAR h.guard and using only one half of the M33 set.
View Quote
Yep. Just outfitted my M4 carbine with the other 1/2. Two for the price of one!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2003 2:55:20 PM EDT by sobrbiker883]
I went with the Fobus mount and American Spirit Arms front sight sling mount/rail(same as GG&G sling thing, but about $12 cheaper with a rail!!). [img]www.angelfire.com/az2/sobrbiker883homepage/ar15/myar.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:43:20 AM EDT
I was very disappointed with the Fubar/First Samco flashlight weapons mount. It was rinky dink, required shaving plastic to fit, and didn't lock on the rails very good. I bought the WFM mount, which is what the U.S. military issues, which is only a couple bucks more, which is also a MUCH BETTER made, more versative, and better light / laser mounting system. There is a reason it has an NSN no. and is used and the Fubar mount is not.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:08:34 PM EDT
My 2 Fobus mounts have been very good, no problems. I would like to see a more secure clamping method for the flashlight, but it works.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2003 2:07:30 PM EDT by Cleophis]
Originally Posted By fight4yourrights: My 2 Fobus mounts have been very good, no problems. I would like to see a more secure clamping method for the flashlight, but it works.
View Quote
Respectfully, a roll of ducttape and some popsicle sticks could be made to work. The WFM is literally maybe $5 more and is INFINITELY better. It's kind of like being caught between buying a 30 rd. USA brand commercial knockoff POS mag for $15.00 and a new in the wrap pre-ban USGI teflon coated mag for $17.50. The WFM allows a MUCH wider use of lights (the Fubar/Fist Shitco mount only takes maybe two types of lights), is well made and anvil solid. The Fist Shitco mount wiggles and the lockup is a little plastic nib. Night and day. If you buy them both and use them both as I did your Fubar/Samjob mount will be on the Exchange for sale and the WFM will be on your weapon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:13:21 PM EDT
where do I find the WFM mount at?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:56:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fight4yourrights: where do I find the WFM mount at?
View Quote
[url]http://www.trgear.com/Storefront/store/category.asp?catcode=62[/url]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:59:14 PM EDT
BTW, way back I was advised to get this mount over the Fubar mount. This WFM is far superior and you can use it for more apps (like a laser). Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:00:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2003 7:01:32 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Looks very functional. I'm not a big fan of stamped parts, but I could see where this would do the job.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:16:44 PM EDT
Looks nasty to me, I'd rather use wide scope rings, but that's just one opinion. The reason why I got the Fobus light mount is strictly for the QD and streamline design/looks. Of course, if you are quibling over quality, dump all that crap and get yourself a KAC or SIR forend with a QD Arms mount (which is what all my other rifles use). I went with the Fobus M33 because it was lightweight, and cheap as I got it in a trade, and the rifle it's on is only for fun, not hard tacticle use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:27:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AK_Mike: Looks nasty to me, I'd rather use wide scope rings, but that's just one opinion. The reason why I got the Fobus light mount is strictly for the QD and streamline design/looks. Of course, if you are quibling over quality, dump all that crap and get yourself a KAC or SIR forend with a QD Arms mount (which is what all my other rifles use). I went with the Fobus M33 because it was lightweight, and cheap as I got it in a trade, and the rifle it's on is only for fun, not hard tacticle use.
View Quote
The difference is that the prices are about the same. If I could get a KAC or SIR forend for $29.95 I would. At first blush the WFM looks a little bulky, but it aint. I've used them both and the Fubar / Sambo clearly sucks in comparison in every way: design, manufacture, quality, sturdiness, materials used, and versatility. When I got my Fubar mount in, I felt like I had been had after paying over $30. After I got my WFM, I felt like I got a good product. BTW, I have no connection with the WFM people, nor do I have a beef with Fubar / Fist Shitco (other than their light mount is weak and way overpriced).
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:27:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cleophis: The difference is that the prices are about the same. If I could get a KAC or SIR forend for $29.95 I would. At first blush the WFM looks a little bulky, but it aint. I've used them both and the Fubar / Sambo clearly sucks in comparison in every way: design, manufacture, quality, sturdiness, materials used, and versatility. When I got my Fubar mount in, I felt like I had been had after paying over $30. After I got my WFM, I felt like I got a good product. BTW, I have no connection with the WFM people, nor do I have a beef with Fubar / Fist Shitco (other than their light mount is weak and way overpriced).
View Quote
Hey, I can certainly understand that! Please don't get me wrong, I am sure the WFM mount is functional, just not pretty and sleek to the eye (but at that price, that's not what you are trying to buy!). One thing the WFM mount has over any scope ring is the large knobs make adjustment and attachment quick and easy, gotta like that! Plus it IS metal. I consider the entire Fobus system kind of cheesy, but I am spoiled due to my other gear. However, it works well enough and cheap enough to be worthy of one of my pet projects.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:21:52 PM EDT
AK, I agree with everything you said bro. There are better alternatives, as you listed, but they arent in that price range. The WFM does look a little awkward compared to the Fobus, but it is a better product in my opinion, for about the same price. I'm always open to anything better, and this board has saved my LOTS of money saving me from mistakes. I'm just trying to pass on the favor concerning the very little I know. Have a good Labor Day weekend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:40:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 2:51:29 AM EDT by TNRonin]
Got to this thread through another, just thought I would throw in a comment. I like the Fobus FL mount because it is an easy on/off item. BUT, BUT, BUT, (there is always a BUT), I have noticed that when I move the mount from my SG, which is using the IT shotgun mount on the tube, it has wallered out the FL mount making it sloppy on my M44s. So now I use this for only my SG. With that said, I guess I might as well have used a WFM and mounted it permanently. Edited to add: Any other locations for the WFM, I would like to see one, you have my curiosity now. That link ain't working.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:59:10 AM EDT
TNR, the link worked for me. That WFM aint permanent, just sturdy. It would switch from weapon to weapon on a milspec picatinny rail and be anvil solid on each one. ALSO, you are not as limited in the light or laser you use with it. The Fubar/Shitco mount limits you to basically a Surefire (period). Personally, I don't like plastic ("polymer") lockups, especially on something giggled, recoiled, and taken on and off. There's a reason that the WFM has an NSN and is in use (look at combat photos close sometimes) and the Fubar mount is not. Get the WFM, you'll thank me, and the ole boys over there are cool and know their gear. May be delays due to military contracts though. Good hunting bro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:13:29 AM EDT
BL is selling them reasonalby priced, I guess when I get some extra $$ laying around I need to order me one. No reason not to have a light when I'm a gun dealer and can get them so damn cheap from RSR. I just can't get the good mounts.
Top Top