Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 1:01:34 PM EDT
IN some pics from their "magazine" I see the M961... with an extra long section between the head and the body. In this pic, it is the fluted section.

I don't see the extra long section (for more batteries?) anywhere on the web site.

What is it and can it be purchased separately?

SECONDLY. IF one was to use that section, and screw on a tail cap, could it be used as a handheld?

TIA,
--LS
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The MH90 is the part in the centre with the mount attached, onto which the TailCap screws, and on the other end, the Lamp Module screws.

The Lamp Module is made up of a Shock Isolated Bezel, a Lamp Assembly (bulb) and a Lamp Housing.

The MH90 holds two SF123A's.
The Lamp Housing can hold up to two more depending on which Lamp Module you get.
There are four Lamp Modules:
LU60 (6V with P60 Lamp Assembly)
LU10 (9V with MN10 Lamp Assembly) [see photo above]
LU15 (9V TurboHead with MN15 Lamp Assembly)
LU20 (12V TurboHead with MN60 Lamp Assembly)

The Lamp Housings are not available by themselves (only as part of the Lamp Modules or complete WeaponLights) At least that was the position last time I checked.

The best way to turn a Lamp Module into a flashlight is to use an A12 Adapter and an A21 Universal Housing to create a two SF123A black tube instead of the MH90.

I guess that this is not making much sense to most people. I have these parts and photos of them. If you would like to see them, you are welcome to email me: [email protected]

Al
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Size15, thanks for the rep.

From what I've seen in photos, the Lamp Module (housing) is two pieces. The fluted part being one, and the lamp/reflector housing being another.

If you have that Combat Tactics magazine/advertisement, look on page 155.

You can see two fluted sections. One short, one long.

Couldn't you just screw a tailcap onto the end of that long one and make a handheld flashlight?

--LS
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The Lamp Housing threads are different enough for the TailCaps not to fit and function the way they are intended.

Anyway, the only combination of Lamp Housing + Bezel and Lamp Assembly with a TailCap on that works is the LU20 with two SF123A's power the N1 Lamp Assembly.

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top