Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2003 6:35:34 PM EDT
I POSTED A MESSAGE ABOUT GREEN LASER SIGHTS ON THE 14TH OF THIS MONTH.  SEEMS EVERYBODY THINKS THERE THE WAY TO GO,  BUT NO ONE BOTHER TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.  BEAMSHOT HAS A <1> MILE LASER <2000>  IN GREEN UP FOR SALE NOW,  AND FOR ALL YOU FOLKS OUT THERE, THAT ARE INTERESTED IN THEM ,  THERE TO MUCH MONEY OR YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOUR ASKING THE QUSTION. DON'T BOTHER POSTING THE QUESTION IF YOUR SCARED OF THE ANSWER.  EVEN THE STAFF WAS AFRAID TO GET IN ON THIS ON.  QUITE FRANKLY,  THE MODERATOR OF THIS SITE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, AND HASEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR MONTHS. IF YOU THINK YOU MITE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ON THIS SUBJECT,  PLEASE RESPOND.
 < sorry people i was out of line>
THANKS
JIM
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it really necessary to post this in every forum?

The problem with green lasers is they are relatively new, especially for weapon sights. There are not too many options right now, but in the near future more companies will coming out with them. Keep your panties on, and be patient.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, you're a prick in multiple forums!  Well, at least you're smart enough to figure out how to cut and paste, albeit not quite sharp enough to get that spellcheck thingy to work.

Again, [whacko]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he's just a post whore.  +1 for me too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Again I have missed the point of your post?

I am not a fan of vis lasers on Rifles (or handguns to that matter)

I have some experience with IR laserillums and am a firm believe in them.

Now what question are you making?

I think you are stating that BEAMSHOT has a 1mile Green Laser  (correct?)

I think Beamshot sucks and the only two companies who's lasers I hae been impressed with is Surfire (they had an excellent green protoype at SHOT) and Insight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
QUIT YELLING!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/crackpipe.bmp[/img]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Because many of us folks around here with REAL guns think that visible lasers are pretty much useless.

Now of course if you think that a green laser will look super cool and tactical on your airsoft 'rifle', feel free to buy one.

As far as as 'too much money', I did have a Surefire L72 for a couple months, but I quickly realized the only practical use I could find for it was confusing my dog.  Thus it was sold to buy more useful gadgets.

So I'd recommend that you not waste your money, but of course YMMV.

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like somebody is up past his bed time. I wonder if his mommy knows he's on the 'puter this late?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I POSTED A MESSAGE ABOUT GREEN LASER SIGHTS ON THE 14TH OF THIS MONTH.  SEEMS EVERYBODY THINKS THERE THE WAY TO GO,  BUT NO ONE BOTHER TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.  BEAMSHOT HAS A <1> MILE LASER <2000>  IN GREEN UP FOR SALE NOW,  AND FOR ALL YOU FOLKS OUT THERE, THAT ARE INTERESTED IN THEM ,  THERE TO MUCH MONEY OR YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOUR ASKING THE QUSTION. DON'T BOTHER POSTING THE QUESTION IF YOUR SCARED OF THE ANSWER.  EVEN THE STAFF WAS AFRAID TO GET IN ON THIS ON.  QUITE FRANKLY,  THE MODERATOR OF THIS SITE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, AND HASEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR MONTHS. IF YOU THINK YOU MITE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ON THIS SUBJECT,  PLEASE RESPOND.

THANKS
JIM
View Quote

MAYBE THERE'S A QUESTION IN THERE SOMEWHERE BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ????

(I own a couple of green 532nm lasers and they're damn sure not good for a mile.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Somebody's jammies are on too tight!
(Like yours, there are no hidden question in this post).
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
What are you going to MOUNT YOUR 1 MILE GREEN LASER ON - A 5" 54 CALIBER NAVAL GUN?

I am with the majority of people that believe that a laser has no use on any of my many many rifles. An IR laser used with 3rd generation goggles would be of some (small) interest but I'd rather have an Aimpoint Comp M2. Waving around a shoot-me light is a bad thing. Even wearing a gas mask at night I can properly aim and fire my rifle.

YOUR POST-FU IS WEAK.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD I BE SCARED OF AN ANSWER? THE MODERATOR OF THIS SITE HAS A JOB AND IT'S NOT ANSWERING YOUR POSTS BUT RATHER LOCKING THEM!

STOP SHOUTING JIM.

BYE-BYE

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#12]
PS: mites are small little bugs that suck your blood - I believe that you're looking for the word "might".

Damn, I can't understand why your post wasn't responded to sooner [:)]

We're really sorry and won't let it happen again.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#13]
[LOLabove]@Paul....also....to you evanjlud1.....if you can answer your own questions as you seem to have done here...why are you wasting our bandwidth??  go away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#14]
too many ASSCLOWNS in this world, the author of this post is a good example of selective sterilization..RFLMAO
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]

YOU CATS ARE WEAK!!!
[img]http://www.sammydavis-jr.com/Pages/photo/milton/milton/SDGB-4.jpg[/img]

Sammy (evanjlud1) Davis Jr.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok Guys try this out.
I am not a big fan of visible lasers either but this is the laser and lights forum. This guy ain't no rocket scientist but I think he wanted info on green lasers because they are supposed to be easier to see than red.
Contrary to popular opinion their is at least one great thing a visible laser can do.
It can mark a target for your partner/s that he/she may not be able to see. Think of it as tracers that don't run out and if used carefuly don't give away your position.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I HAD TO READ THAT VERY SLLLOOOOWWW TO GET THE POINT OF IT..  It was confusing with all the typo's.  I'm still confused.

Ask a simple question next time don't ramble.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
....and if used carefuly don't give away your position.
View Quote

I hate to say it but if you're illuminating a target you can (and will be seen).  Think that dot is bright on the target?  Its even brighter at the end of the your laser! (just like a flashlight).  Heaven help you if there is dust or mist in the air - your beam will reflect off the particles and make a nice trace to your position as well (think Star Trek kinda laser beams).
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 < sorry people i was out of line>
THANKS
JIM
View Quote

What is your question ??
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I think perhaps the poster has left us?  If not rephrase the question so the English speaking folk on this site can grasp your intent......If there is one!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Jim - Ok so your sorry... now take a deep breath and repost your question. What do you want to know ? unless maybe somewhere within all of this comedy fest posting your question was somehow answered, then a reply to that effect would be nice!

Oh, if I haven't said it before in other posts, thanks guys for taking the time to answer all my posts.  Now that my friend feel great, thank you, thank you   [kiss]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#22]
thanks guys,  for not being to upset with me.
was having a bad day.
my question was mainly,  did anybody have information about beamshots 2000 green laser light. alot of people ask about green lasers , but know one seem to know where to get one.
since surefire has not came out with one yet.
thanks jim
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Jim,

Ah...

Beamshot as a company I would be leery of,a s I have found in the past there stuff was of lessor quality than SF.

Other than that no info

-Kevin
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#24]
then may i ask ,  who has the best red laser on the market.
thanks jim
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
[url]http://www.lasertech.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.lasertech.com/[/url]
View Quote

BallisticTip - I Could not find any firearm related lasers at that link !!!  

Alot of 'OTAL' and 'ITAL' from laser devices have been discussed on this board, and good comments have been made of them.  They have a nice package and options [url]http://www.laserdevices.com/[/url]

Crimson-trace had a thread going for a new AR-15 mounted laser. Another option is the M6 from Insight (or Streamlight), it's a light with a laser module. The light has some good ratings for quality vs price, I can't say much about the laser.

Unfortunatly I don't have personal experience with lasers, but this reply might promote some ideas...
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah!  I have read alot of good stuff about LASER DEVICES as well!  They have quite a few models to choose through.  If I were going down the laser road it would be that way (or surefire)!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
thanks guys,  for not being to upset with me.
was having a bad day.
my question was mainly,  did anybody have information about beamshots 2000 green laser light. a lot of people ask about green lasers , but know one seem to know where to get one.
since surefire has not came out with one yet.
thanks jim
View Quote

Jim, everyone will have their own opinions but mine are based on some experience.  I bought my first Greenbeam over a year ago - have it mounted on an ArmaLite M-15A4 carbine - and the second maybe sixty days ago and that one is mounted a KAC SR-15 M4.

So far as brightness there is simply nothing even near the green beam because nothing else gets down to 532nm wave length or even close.  Best I can tell the laser industry depends on buyer ignorance as they continue to offer lasers in the 632nm-650nm range.  (I bought a 632nm laser in 1994 !!!!)

I'm one of those guys that works hard at finding out what's correct before I buy.  Then I buy quality.  If I can't afford quality I generally don't buy.

SureFire makes very fine white lights.  However, you will find their visible laser will follow the out-dated specs I've detailed above.

The cheapest place I could find the green beam is:  [url]shop.store.yahoo.com/deharpport/greenlasgung.html[/url]

If the link above does not work, go to the related thread below and use that link as I'm certain that one does work.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=165215&page=1#bottom[/url]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
then may i ask ,  who has the best red laser on the market.
thanks jim
View Quote

I still like my SureFire L72.  It hands down beats all the other red lasers I have tried and it is very modular as it fits my existing SF platforms - one of which is a dual head so I can mount the L72 and a white light onto the same single battery housing.  I can easily swap it around onto other battery housings already mounted on other weapons.

However, it isn't the smallest, and it's really freaking expen$ive.  I haven't bought any other lasers in quite a while so I'm confident there are several other great lasers out there.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top