Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2003 4:05:17 PM EDT
who has one they have used or abused. does it hold zero and how well is it made. price seems good. who has the best deal on them?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Alignment is crude but solid.  It is basically a swivel with a collet clamp.  It would be dificult to align with live fire,  but easy to match a point of aim of metalic or optical sights.  Construction is similar to a crude surefire.  Only thing I didn't like was the remote switch.  it looked weak and the switch was a button smaller than a dime, rather than a tape.  I plan to look at using a surefire tape switch.

Also didn't care for the mounts, so I turned some Delrin bushings to fit inside ARMS rings.  The first mount was a weaver ring that used a single screw to clamp both the ring and rail.  the second unit I bought came with a dual dovetail, 1 side weaver, one side a smaller dove tail to mate with the dove tail on the Cosak.  On this unit one of the screws sheared the first time I tightened it.  Also the base tighten by flexing the steel of the mount. I plan on milling the weaver mount off and TIGing what is left to a ARMS base.  I will tighten it once and leave it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Country_Boy

What kind of NV are you useing and at what range is the corsak usable?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a ITT 6015P, which is the highest spec PVS-14 series model available to civilians.  It is hard to specify range.  Worst case: In a residential neighborhood, lit by occasional streetlights and house lighting (so gain is turned down), I can lase a asphalt rooftop at a compound angle, 100 yds away (roofing isn't very reflective, hitting it at an angle reduces the reflection.

Best case, 1/2 mile against a metal power pole, no moon light.  Probally could have gone farther, but I couldn't have identified a target at that range.

The Cosak has plenty of power, but there are some agrivating "stray" emmisions that slow down targe acquisition if they are mistaken for the main beam.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Country_Boy

Thanks for the reply.  Where did you get your P tube and what did you have to pay?  I have been shoping around for a PVS 14 for a while now and the best I can find are "delta tubes" that might meet Omni V specs.  Your P tube is rated at Omni IV specs.  I can't find anything that good. I can not get vendors to let me see the spec sheets for the tubes they are selling.  I need a reputable dealer with a good product.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it from Wes Grant/MSTN.  Got a nice tutorial from Wes on the different grades and decided to go with the 6015P.  I could shoot myself cause Wes tried to sell me a PAC-4C, and I passed because I didn't have the money with me.  By the time I got around to getting one they were no longer available.  Should have used the plastic :-(.  I just don't buy something I can't afford right now, and I had just bought a new tractor.  Hell, if I hadn't bought the RBR helmet, helmet mount, and GG&G PVS mount from Wes, I could have gotten the PAC-4C.

Anyway, I highly recommend doing business with Wes.  Everybody on this board who has dealt with him has had nothing but good things to say.
I'm ordering a 458 SOCOM upper, and I will be calling Wes for optics.

Wes also had the "shutter" type eyecap that nobody else lists.  Its great for preventing stray light when mounting the PVS on a rifle, or using handheld.  Also it somewhat acts as a dust shield/cover in storage.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Wes was giving me an education a few days back, but he no longer sells NV.  To bad for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
what does the 6015 run
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The 6015 starts at around $2800.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
6015P was $4500 last year.  At the time, that was the best grade that was actually available.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Price for a 6015 all depends on which tube.  Right now it seems like alot of people are selling B tubes at about $2800 and Delta tubes for about $4000.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty easily finding a PVS14 delta for about 3200.00 nowadays.

The Corisak has a 5nm power vs the 100 plus on the PEQ2c. range is not as great, but enough for CQB.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The Corsak 16i IR Laser sight is the best IR laser out there for the money. The unit holds zero without any problem. I sell them and have units in stock right now. The best way to sight one in is with a red dot laser. Just zero your red dot and put the IR dot right on top of it. I sell my Corsak's for $275.00 with all the accessories included shipped USPS Priority Mail Insured. That includes a "FREE MOUNT" unlike the other dealers. You can check out my feedback on ebay under "toddbiggie". IF you want pictures just email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty easily finding a PVS14 delta for about 3200.00 nowadays.

The Corisak has a 5nm power vs the 100 plus on the PEQ2c. range is not as great, but enough for CQB.
View Quote

Where are you finding deltas for $3200?  Before I researched the different tubes I ALMOST spent that on a B tube.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top