Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2002 5:56:59 PM EDT
OK, I'm not a mechanical engineer, but I know what is good and well thought out and what is not.  The GG&G UFIR is NOT good nor well thought out.  However, it IS overpriced.  Today I got my Tactical & Rescue Equip. Weapon Flashlight Mount ("WFM") for like $29.  It IS a marvelous piece of gear at a great price.  It blows the doors off my flimsy FUBAR / First Samco FAS-2 light mount for about the same price.  The WFM fits on a milspec rail and is solid as an anvil. The knurled knobs have lock washers, work easily, tighten down perfect, and the bolts can be adjusted via hex head.  The knobs won't come off if you over loosen them because the hex heads hold them on.  Well made impressive piece of gear, that is THE light or laser mount that allows interchangeability, quick and easy toolless removal of your taclight or laser.  BTW, the knobs seem much more obnoxious in pics than in person.  I actually like them.  On top, the folks over there are nice and prompt.  Nope, don't know em, nor own stock, nor have I ever done busienss with them.  Simply put, these guys make a totally kickass piece of grade A gear....which is probably why they have the military contract.  The similarly price First Samco / FUBAR mount is total trash in comparison.  Just a helpful review to save ya'll time with failed experiments (like ya'll have done for me so many times!)
www.TRGear.com
Cleophis
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What is POS.I think my wife has it?I truly would like to know, and where did you get the WFM?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Just figured it out.I think your on to something.I especially like the possibilitys  on the dual mount for side or bottom mount ,but i'm thinking how cool it would be if it has enough spacing between it to ras top mount it behind fixed sight tower or flip up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Girard,
I get real happy over cool gear.  Sometimes its just the little things, like a Surefire 6P, Crimson Trace laser grips on my Ruger MkII .22 pistol (those little bullets seem to ride that laser beam out to 75 feet), and of course this WFM.  SEALS, SF, USA, USMC, all use it and I see why.  Great piece of gear that would appear to have a number of uses.  Go to my post and highlight and copy the link.
regards,
Cleophis
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]www.TRGear.com[/url]
Cleophis
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top