Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2002 6:10:56 AM EDT
I'm looking for opinions on the best light mount for an M4 w/ double heat shield M4 handguards. The light would most likely be a Surefire 6P or similair light. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:50:43 AM EDT
There's a ton of mounts you can use, but the first concern I would have is mounting one of Sureife's hand held lights to a weapon. Hand held lights are tough, and built to take a beating. They are not however, built to go on weapons. At the very least, you should get a shock isolated bezel for the 6P, but really, the best option would be to get a dedicated weapon light. The classic Surefire 660 series are relatively affordable, and are made for weapons.

As for the mount, you could get a GG&G SliC (sling and light Combo) www.gggaz.com/products/slic.php

A GG&G M3 light mount along with Surefire's standard weaver mount or an ARMS #22 ring would work (I have two of these) www.gggaz.com/products/m3illumrifle.php

You could get GG&G D&D flashlight mount www.gggaz.com/products/m3illumrifle.php

Or you can just get the barrel mount and ring for the Surefire system;
www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&carfnbr=136&prrfnbr=521&sesent=0,0

These are just a few options you have, I'm sure there are more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:06:19 AM EDT
New-arguy, Thanks for the info., I never thought of using the M3 mount with a ARMS 22 ring. I really prefer the feel of my M4 handguards over and RIS/RAS. I think I'll give this set-up a try. By the way, you dont have an extra 22 ring your looking to get rid of do ya? Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:11:55 AM EDT
My social AR has a Weaver rail bolted and epoxied to the M4 handguards at 1:30 o'clock.

At 9:30 on the opposite side I have an inletted strip of velcro to attach the pressure pad so I can activate it with the thumb of my support hand.

I bought this setup from an LE end user who had an extra that he'd made, but you could do the job yourself in about an hour.

JAW
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:52:41 AM EDT
put a GG&G D&D on my M4, at least until i save up $$ for a std weapon light, use the D&D and a Z2 w/a M2 bezel, which is what surefire told me to do. it works much better than i thought it would, suprisingly well in fact, and no probs w/the light yet, have shot about 200 rounds or so.......

the M500 (?) is prob better, but the D&D is a cheap way to put a light on a AR15, works well, looks good, and if ya have a light, is WAYY cheaper.......the mount was about $30 or so..

g
Top Top