Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2002 12:09:48 AM EDT
Just got my L75 , here below I'm sharing some pics , I'll be able to T&E it next week , I'll let you have my opinions.
Thanks 4 yr attention,

PP out

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]

sweet
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi GS,
thanks.
I'm curious to T&E its performances , having never read any first hand real feedback about this device.
thanks
PP out
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
PP, I am so close to buying one for my issue rifle, it's killin' me. I am hoping you will push me over the edge or pull me back in with your review. I eagerly await your return. If you are willing, be prepared for many questions. I am very interested in hearing how much slower you think it is compared to the Eotech during room clearings (think I saw an Eotech in your pictures). Thank you sir.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
CRS188,
you're right , I have a M552 on my M4 .
I'll be glad to be of help to you , be right back soon,
PP out
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a great setup, but I'm guessing the infrared laser is not sold to civilians in the U.S.A.  What a bummer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool unit!
I'm interested in getting the L-80 when it is released. If you don't mind me asking, what's the ball park figure for the price? Is it similar to the L-72?
Did you order it straight from Surefire?
I'm interested in hearing about the range report too.
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Very cool unit!
I'm interested in getting the L-80 when it is released. If you don't mind me asking, what's the ball park figure for the price? Is it similar to the L-72?
Did you order it straight from Surefire?
I'm interested in hearing about the range report too.
Thanks,
-Steve

Steve ,
the price I payed is close to $. 2K , very expensive but quite good compared to the 4K for a PAQ-4C .

I'll let you know abt its right range , but surely is well beyond the range of almost all the hardware useful for night shooting .

As you know these devices can be used to get on targets easily in night CQB / CQC and also to light up targets at bigger distances for SWS , and surely the L75 accomplishes both missions .

PP out
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Could you mount the laser module in the M900?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Whoa, that's a lot more then I expected. Hopefully the L80 isn't that much. I'm prayin' for around 600 clams like the L72. I hope it came with the mounts for that kind of cash.
I hope your department picked up the tab! ;)
If I spent 2 grand on a laser, I'd be looking for a new house!
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Could you mount the laser module in the M900?

I do not know if this is possible , anyway I'd prefer to keep the M900 to light up dark rooms & caves .

PP out
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Whoa, that's a lot more then I expected. Hopefully the L80 isn't that much. I'm prayin' for around 600 clams like the L72. I hope it came with the mounts for that kind of cash.
I hope your department picked up the tab! ;)
If I spent 2 grand on a laser, I'd be looking for a new house!
-Steve

Steve,
the L80 is a green - visible - aimer , the L75 is an IR aimer , so it must be compared to PAQ-4C even if the L75 has not any illuminator integrated with it.
Just my opinion,
PP out
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:07:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I realize it is IR, I just didn't know they hyped the price up that high for it. I figured around 1200.
Do you have plans, or have you already bought IR illuminators for your Surefire vertical grip light?
What about the low profile LED lamps?
You definately have an awesome, functional setup going!
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Steve,

I have the #FM13 IR filter already mounted on my M900A .

The leds cannot be filtered , to my knowledge , but before to buy one M900A they can be ordered IR to the factory , even if I've never seen them IR yet.

PP out
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey Steve, here in the states, the L75 retailed earlier this year from Surefire, around $835. I found a dealer offering them for around $750. These prices were good at the beginning of summer. Surefire could have upped the price. I am guessing that PP, unfortunately,  has to pay much more than we Americans for his goodies. These prices DO NOT included any mount, so figure an additional $200 or higher, depending on options from Surefire. The L80 has been speculated to be about $200 more than the L72, so approximately $750-$800. Please take these last figures (L80) with a grain of salt. Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#15]
CRS188,
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize PincoPalla was in Italy.
Do you have any guess when the L80 will be available? I want one of those in the worst way.

PincoPalla,
You might be better off with the visible LED lights anyways. Unless you were going for a totally dedicated system for night ops.
I'm interested to hear how easy it is to adjust, and if it holds its position even if you remove it from the rails.
Now get a Gemtech supressor for it! [wacko]
Do you have plans to get one of those Magpul Collapsible stocks?
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am guessing that PP, unfortunately,  has to pay much more than we Americans for his goodies........

Chad,
that's for sure , unfortunately.
PP out
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#17]

You might be better off with the visible LED lights anyways.

Hi S.,
I never use them having a totally dedicated system for nught ops.

Now get a Gemtech supressor for it!
Do you have plans to get one of those Magpul Collapsible stocks? -Steve

I already have one B&T SOPS QD can for my M4 ,and its performances are quite good indeed ,  here in Italy it's almost impossible to  get GemTech &/or KAC cans.

Rick , at MagPul has already an order for two MSS for me , you bet.

ciao
PP out
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:23:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Pinco

How many db does the B&T can suppress?

A friend of mine has made some cans that suppress 110 db, they are in use with several SF units in the northern european/scandinavian area. Let me know if you want more info.

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Keld,
not sure but it cannot kill more than 58/60db , I'd be really interested in those "110db" cans , please let me have more details,
thanks
PP out
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Steve, I've no idea about the availability of the L80. I don't think anybody else does either, I've been askin'. Sorry no help.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Is the L75 available to use civilian users?  I assumed it was not, but some of the above comments seem to indicate that it is.

Country Boy
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Pinco

How many db does the B&T can suppress?

A friend of mine has made some cans that suppress 110 db, they are in use with several SF units in the northern european/scandinavian area. Let me know if you want more info.

B&T claimes 30dB+ reduction for the SOPS.

And I'm sorry but I have to say BS to that 110 dB reduction! Ain't gonna happen.
A 5.56 is about 155-160 dB unsuppressed. A normal conversation is around 60 dB.
There is a company who claims around 40 dB reduction and this is the highest I've seen.
A 30 dB reduction  means the soundlevel is 1/1500 of what it was originally. A 110 reduction would mean the sound is, what? 1/10000? perhaps even less.... Aint gonna happen, sorry...
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#23]
30dB =1/1000 or .1 %
110 dB = 1/100,000,000,000 or .000000001%

Basically 10 dB means the energy has increased or decreased by a tenth, 3 dB by a half

I think the supressor may quiet the signature TO 110 dBx. where x is the reference level which I forget.

Note that the human ear does not percieve volume in a linear fashion, a 10 dB increase in noise has 10 time the energy, but is not percieved as 10 times as loud.  Bell Labs used to claim that the average untrained person could only recognise a 3 dB change in level, I find I can do about 1.4 dB.

Country Boy
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#24]
All right, seems I had gotten this mixed up and got it out worng.

The cans suppress to 115 db, measured at the shooters ear. He claims it's a lot better than B&T and KAC.

I dont have much insight to the scientific aspect of these things, which might be why I got this wrong first time.

Cardinal,
If youre an active practical shooter in Norway or know about the circuit, You might know the guy making these or have heard of him. If not, well he lives there.
And im not kidding on the current users.

A few of my friends are gonna buy some from him very soon, so I'm proberbly gonna shoot one soon.

Pinco,
I'll contact you offboard.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Country_boy, Thx for doing the correct maths. They were never my strong suit. :)

Keld, I do shoot practical though not that active. I hope to get more active in early 2003. I guess the maker keeps a relativ low profile. the "major" suppressor makers don't have that high performances. A hunting magazine tested various types and most maxed out at around 25 dB...

Any chance you could be more specific? I'm on the lookout for a suppressor for my HS HTR .300 Win Mag. Had planned to get a B&T sniper can, but perhaps I should look for a norwegian can instead....
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Cardinal,

I'll mail you offboard.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Pinco,
I'll contact you offboard.

Keld,
roger that
PP out
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
PP, I am so close to buying one for my issue rifle, it's killin' me......

Hi Chad,

I'm just back from some dark nights in the wild together my last arrived hardware.....

I mounted the L75 at 3 o'clock on my M4 EOtech M552 & M900A/#FM13 geared , the laser system is not heavy or bulky, neither intrusive at all , and it's easy to switch it ON with the Uxx cable .

It's very easy to zero it , just cover the Aimpoint/EOtech red dot ( switched IR ) zeroed 50 meters far away with the L75 IR dot and you're perfectly on your target.

Having my PVS-14D head mounted it's a real party to get pepper poppers and inflated baloons at dark.

The IR dot is clearly visible , even hundreds meters far away , I noticed a very small "star wars laser sword" beam effect , but not troubles at all indeed.

Sincerely it's much more easy to get targets at dark with the L75 than aiming at them with Aimpoint/EOtech sights .

The IR laser beam also helps a lot to light up rooms ,even throught windows from close to far away , lighting up the interiors ,( this is a great thing mounting the L75 on SWSs ) , lighting up bushes , small trails in the woods , very easily .

I could even avoid to switch ON my M900A/#FM13 IR filtered to light up dark caves.

Probably with an IR system like this to have not-really-so-lightweight weapont mounted flashlights is not needed too much .

I'm completely satisfied by this toy , if you are able to get one L75 I'm sure you'll be not disappointed.

Thanks for yr attention,

PP out
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top