Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 4:02:01 AM EDT
I have a Surefire 6P and was wondering if anyone had try to use the ARMS 22 throwlever mount with the 1" spacer rings to mount a Surefire. It would go on my Knights RIS. Any opinions, reviews or other suggestions welcome. Thanks, Jim
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:12:33 PM EDT
Well, I have a couple of the Surefire Classic 660 series weapon lights that I have always wanted to use with the ARMS #22 low rings. I have not, however, tried it yet. I have been told it will work out just fine, but like I said, I have not tried it.

Aside from that, I would spend the extra $15 or so and get the shock isolated bezel to go on your 6P. The 6P is a hand held light and is not really mean to go on a weapon, or withstand the recoil of a weapon.

Lots of folks here say it doesnt matter, but I have used a lot Surefire's over the years, and the company knows what they are doing. Some SF employyes have been on here before and explained why you should get a weapons mounted light for a weapon, as opposed to using a handheld light on a mount. It was all very sound advice. Then again, I am not someone who takes the shortcut, along with the risks it involves, to save a few dollars.

At the very least, get the shock isolated bezel for the 6P, it will go a long way. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:32:27 PM EDT
Top Top