Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2017 10:16:04 AM EDT
Came across a video on Facebook that got me intrigued since I was in the market for a new sling for a new rifle build. Anyone else run across this video? Looks like they were at NTOA and TacOps East recently.

Facebook Post: https://www.facebook.com/advancedgunslinger/videos/751892844997246/

Advanced Gunslinger Armament HIT Sling NTOA 2017
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Ordered a MK2 sling from their website https://www.advancedgunslinger.com/

Reserving this spot for the review. Told me it will be here in 2-3 weeks since they've got slammed with orders recently.

*Took all 3 weeks for it to get here. Looks like the Mk2 variant is the one used in the video, so it's the most popular variant out of the 4 they offer.

Initial thoughts were positive. Looks like they used high quality webbing along with the parts to make the sling a sling. It was my first time messing with the pull knob QD thing. After a couple of reps, it was rather easy for me to take off and put back on. At first I thought there would be too many things going on and that sling would be "too busy" so to speak but it really hasn't. After it was setup for me, it was ready to rock and roll. I really dig that the pull strap has this rubber grip thing on it. Some of my other 2 point slings I have don't have that and it was a nice touch for sure on the AGA HIT Sling. Shoulder transitions were easy in single point mode. I was able to tighten up the sling in two point mode and have it against my chest or back rather comfortably.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase. After I get more range time with it, I'll decide if I want to get another HIT Sling for a second rifle. I'll post more pictures of the sling being used on here versus just pictures of it on the gun.

p.s. The extra webbing you see wrapped up is just some cord ties I had on my desk at the time of setting up the sling

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty good, I may have to try one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The "concept" has been around for a long time, just not with as... flashy of a presentation.

The general consensus tends to be that it ends up being "too much," despite sounding good in theory. Ultimately, a good, simple, adjustable two point is not "bad enough" to warrant the extra complexity.

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The "concept" has been around for a long time, just not with as... flashy of a presentation.

The general consensus tends to be that it ends up being "too much," despite sounding good in theory. Ultimately, a good, simple, adjustable two point is not "bad enough" to warrant the extra complexity.

~Augee
View Quote
So that was my concern as well. Great when I'm not wearing kit, but wonder how much I would like the sling when I'm donning full kit. So I ordered one to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Were you able to review it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure did. I actually got some pictures yesterday and today.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a single point sling with a keeper built into the sling. It's not a 2 point sling in any way. It is not a 2 to 1 sling.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree, it's not really a 2 to 1 point sling. You can't effectively use it as just a 2 point sling by itself for a lefty as the webbing would go across the ejection port.

But hey, free market capitalism. If someone thinks they can build a better mousetrap and earn a buck, have at it.

I am a bit irked by "Gunslinger" in the company name, as I have a Gunslinger Sling by Emdom & Military Morons (now discontinued). At least AGA's sling is named something else.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd have to disagree. I just watched a bunch of 3 point sling videos on youtube, and I'd say it's closer to a 2 point setup versus a 3 point setup. Yeah you have a piece of webbing going across the rifle, but it's not an quickly adjustable section like traditional 3 point slings.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Fair point, but it still is additional webbing in the way compared to a 2-point, and in the worst possible location:
---for a righty the webbing goes over the bolt catch/release area
---for a lefty the webbing goes over the ejection port/magazine release area

I prefer to keep those areas clear of any obstructions to not impede weapons manipulation or rifle operation (brass case possibly prevented from fully ejecting).
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fair point, but it still is additional webbing in the way compared to a 2-point, and in the worst possible location:
---for a righty the webbing goes over the bolt catch/release area
---for a lefty the webbing goes over the ejection port/magazine release area

I prefer to keep those areas clear of any obstructions to not impede weapons manipulation or rifle operation (brass case possibly prevented from fully ejecting).
View Quote
Totally agree. That's why I'm putting it through the ringer now to see if it will warrant a second purchase for another carbine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote
This..

I stopped looking at slings once I had time on the VCAS sling... I find no reason to look for anything else as there is nothing out there that is going to blow this one away... just marketing hype.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This..

I stopped looking at slings once I had time on the VCAS sling... I find no reason to look for anything else as there is nothing out there that is going to blow this one away... just marketing hype.
View Quote
I like variety. My AR15s are setup differently with different purposes in mind.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#14]

My two gun use the same VCAS sling and have for years..
With the combination of QD swivels and various attachment points all along the guns....I have every and any configuration I would ever need.
From T-shirt to Body Armor....
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top